Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket head unit, and the correct 4 gauge wires, I just dont know whats the best way to wire the amp. The battery has tons of fuses connected to it so I dont know if that would be a good spot to tap into. Has anyone wired a 2011 or know how/where to? I read a few posts saying some people did it on the battery and others used the DC/DC in the back but none of their pictures match what im seeing in my car. Any help is appreciated. Thanks :)

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
You want direct to your battery. Either under the hood or the larger of the 4 orange cables inside the IMA box. If its a newer car under warranty you should just use the bat under the hood. With the 70 amp digital alternator you are limited to like 800 watts rms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I connect on the terminal? Or tap one of the wires? Like I said theres a lot of fuses connected right to the battery terminal. Also where would I ground it if I use the battery?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Ground anywhere. The fuses on the positive terminal are for the power steering, horn, emergency flashers, to name a few. Why would you fuse your amp to the horn circuit?!?!?!?:confused:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Not knowing the output of your amp Id wire to either the vertical facing stud with nut on it or the horizontal nut clamping the whole assembly to the positive battery terminal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to use a Sony XMZR1252 for 125 rms on two channels. So I'll connect to the vertical one because it seems like a little less work, I'll tell you how it goes.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
The vertical stud is the lead from the 12 volt dc to dc converter that provides the charging circuit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts