Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I was looking for a forum about the Insight and found this one. I was wondering if some of you Insighters could provide some light in regards a decision I have to make.

I am debating purchasing a pre-owned 2012 Insight EX (only one owner this while time) with 84,000 miles on it. The hybrid battery is the original one. The car is priced at USD 14K (above KBB but the price is what it is).

The car is good condition and the battery passed test but my concern is gambling and hoping the battery will work fine in the next 3-5 years without replacement.

If I end up having car issues and replace the battery, I wonder if it is worth it because otherwise I will buy a pre-owned 2011 Murano LE with 102K miles on it for the time being that makes 20mpg rather than 40mpg the Insight does.

Any advice?
Thank you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
First of all ....You should be worried about the oil consumption that affects all the 2012 models(check the forum for more info).

The Hybrid battery will last.

I have 300.000km and my battery os in good shape.

Inviato dal mio Mi A2 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
A Nissan Murano would be on my "no way" list. The CVT transmission problems are a nightmare. I would buy a Prius over a Gen2 Insight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First of all ....You should be worried about the oil consumption that affects all the 2012 models(check the forum for more info).

The Hybrid battery will last.

I have 300.000km and my battery os in good shape.

How is the oil consumption in yours?

Why everyone love this car if oil consumption is so bad?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I do not have any problem with oil consumption...mine is an 2009 model.

The oil consumption affect only 2012/2013 models....again...search the forum for more info.

The car Is really relliable. Ordinary maintenance for me until now.

·
Registered
531 Posts
How is the oil consumption in yours?

Why everyone love this car if oil consumption is so bad?
Doesn’t affect all 2012 insights ( I’ve got one no problems)
Find it fantastic- Uber reliable- economic
Downside lights are crap ( nightime driving)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Doesn’t affect all 2012 insights ( I’ve got one no problems)
Find it fantastic- Uber reliable- economic
Downside lights are crap ( nightime driving)
On mine, the headlights were pointed too low. Simple adjustment and they are much better. Although later I upgraded to HID.

·
Registered
531 Posts
On mine, the headlights were pointed too low. Simple adjustment and they are much better. Although later I upgraded to HID.
Could u take a pic of the HID bulbs please?
I changed mine but still absolutely rubbish unless main headlight on
Projector lights are crap- verging in dangerous as I live and drive mostly rural they’re really bad

·
Registered
73 Posts
The HIDs are in the projectors in this picture. I had LEDs in the high beams at this time but because they ran all the time it blinded other drivers.
Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 11 of 11 Posts