Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just bought my 2012 Insight yesterday and I’m already having a problem. When I went to crank it, all of the service lights came on and when I put the car in reverse it would not move. It also appears that the radio struggles to stay on. Any ideas what this could be and how much it will be to fix?

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Hi guys, I just bought my 2012 Insight yesterday and I’m already having a problem. When I went to crank it, all of the service lights came on and when I put the car in reverse it would not move. It also appears that the radio struggles to stay on. Any ideas what this could be and how much it will be to fix?
Dead 12V battery

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I will add:
If it looks like the original, it’s done, just replace. If you decide to try charging it, DO NOT do so with it connected to to the car. This is not your father’s Subaru. The electronics are numerous, easy to fry, and expensive to replace.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I will add:
If it looks like the original, it’s done, just replace. If you decide to try charging it, DO NOT do so with it connected to to the car. This is not your father’s Subaru. The electronics are numerous, easy to fry, and expensive to replace.
This is fear mongering. Cars have had numerous and sensitive electronics for a couple decades now. If one can competently connect (+) and (-) leads of a suitable 12V charger, there is near zero risk. If one can't competently connect (+) and (-) leads of a suitable 12V charger, they should have it towed to a dealership.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Ya, well I happen to remember a few instances reported around here of things going very south if care is not taken. I also do not consider the suggestion to be careful fear mongering. That is job for Fox News.

·
Registered
622 Posts
garden variety care and intoning ppl NOT to charge the battery while connected are two different things ... the latter is a bit extreme and perhaps more worthy of MSNBC ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
jcbesq
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing