Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 is a daily driver, not a racer, but I want to improve the handling and cut down as much of the leaning, jittering, and swaying as I can.

From what I've found, there are 3 pieces that can be added (2 in front {1 top, 1 bottom} and 1 rear) to lock things down.

So, a few questions:

1. I'm not opposed to installing all 3 parts, but is that overkill?
2. I've seen at least 2 different designs of the front lower 4 point arm, is there a design (trapezoid vs X-shape) or mfg (Cusco vs Ultra-Racing) better than another?
3. Where are some good reputable outlets to buy from as well as Juiced?

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Tire psi plays the biggest role next to the brand of tires.

What bars are you referring to? Upper and lower front strut braces?

I use a rear sway bar, rear strut brace and tien lowering springs. For tires I like yoko envigor avids at sidewall psi.

The front upper strut brace I cant tell if it helps nor the rear center 2 point brace.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I wasnt referring to low profile tires, but the same size tire by different manufactures can give a whole new ride and handling charastics.

Anyhoo, the Dunlop tires are one problem thats only fixed by replacing them. Second problem is the 0 toe honda recommends. Adding some toe helps and some negative camber for cornering.

The rear sway and strut tower brace helps the rear of the car to follow the front. The front bars you mention help with cornering and steering.

Here are a few threads that may help. Ebay, juicy are just a few places you can buy them from.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/19900-review-cusco-lower-arm-bar-type-2-a.html

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/20277-review-cusco-front-strut-tower-bar.html

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see that now.

Thank you for your reply. It's very helpful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts