Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2013 Honda Civic that was not owned prior, it only had 13 miles when I purchased. Had it 3 weeks, smelled a funny smell and saw oil spots where I park. Brought to dealer, they said oil coming from bottom of block, could be cracked. They had it two days and called back saying "oh it was just the oil pressure switch needed to be replaced, you can come pick up your car" so...I'm a single mom and I am in a state by myself where I just moved. I'm afraid they may take advantage of that and I'm not really comfortable for paying a premium price for a new car (my 1st) and having it need a repair a few weeks in. Could they be snowing me? Is it going to cause later issues? Should i, and do i have a right to ask for another car? I'm really worried...please help! thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's their problem to ensure nothing is wrong with anything powertrain related until like, what was it, 48k or 60k miles or something unless you got an extended warranty.

If there's going to be a problem with it again, you'll notice WAY before that -- and it'll still be their problem, not yours.

I wouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on the oil level for a little bit until you're confident.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
I'd be shocked if this is a real person.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm real, so consider yourself shocked.

I really do want another car, i'm just not comfortable driving a car that leaked oil at only a few weeks old.

does anyone know if that's unreasonable to ask? I'm paying 27000 for this civic when all is said and done, after all. that's no chump change for me. i just feel like a "new" car should be running like a top with ZERO issues.

??anyone??

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Modern cars consist of thousands of parts. Any one part can have a problem, therefore they are checked rigorously by the manufacturer of the parts and by the assembly plant.
However, every once in a while a faulty part escapes inspection (probably because the fault is not apparent before usage) and causes a problem.
That does not mean the rest of the car has a problem. With the faulty part replaced under warranty, there is no reason whatsoever that your car would be less reliable than any other Civic, and most likely it is more reliable than other makes.

Be assured, with this problem fixed your car is fine.

So dump it and get an Insight!
This IS the Insight forum after all.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
27 grand for last years civic?!?!? Id run unless its a hybrid, but even then you should of gotton a better deal unless your credit sucks.

Depending on where in the world you are located the block could of cracked in this cold polar vortex if the fluids were up to snuff. Even if a car is parked, you still need to service the fluids as everyday moisture is generated and evaporates and in the mean time acids are generated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes 27000 after interest. I got the car at 16000, with 3 percent interest, plus extended warantee (another 2 grand) and its a 5 year loan. dont scare me... but this is what i was saying how they will rip a woman off (which is why I said I am alone where I just moved in NC so I didn't have a man to go in with me). My previous car broke down and I needed one fast.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Ok, 16 gs for the car, 2gs for warranty, where did the other 9 grand come from? :confused:

13 miles sounds like a demo car. Maybe it is just something as simple as a fitting, sensor or something related to the vtec? Make sure to track it, keep a paper trail and look for any other probllems.

Car dealers take advantage of everyone, anyway they can. Its kind of how the business model works on the sales end and even the service end. I use to be a banker and had to sell bank accounts. I had to find reasons or excuses why you needed another bank account. In theory it can be done in an ethical manner, but its not carried out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts