Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a used 2013 Honda Insight. A couple weeks after buying, my overheating indicator began flashing intermittently. I‘ve had it seen by multiple mechanics that have said it’s just air bubbles that have been introduced into the line, so they will clear the line and get rid of any bubbles in the coolant. (It apparently is not actually overheating, and it’s just the air bubbles fooling my system into displaying the overheating icon) A week later the same thing will happen and I will have to get the bubbles cleared again.

This has happened 3 times now, all within a month. None of my mechanics can figure out what is causing the bubbles to be introduced in the first place (none have been hybrid experts). More recently, I have been getting a “water temp hot” icon popping up on my dashboard along with the overheating symbol.

One other useful note: my heater blows cold air. This generally happens around the same time as the “overheating” issues, but will usually work right after bubbles are cleared.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts