Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting a new Insight LX this week and was wondering what some of the real world MPG members are getting here
:cool:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Own a 2013 LX for 2 weeks. I have been getting 45mpg avg. for first 4 tanks, engine is new and I am still learning to drive it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
2013 mileage

I've had a 2013 EX for exactly 4 weeks. With wind, cold, and cold wind plus a lot of short trips of in-town driving, not fuel economy ideal conditions. But at my first fill-up two days ago, averaged 48.2 mpg. I expect 50+ mpg all the time when warmer and less windy weather arrives. Bone stock setup too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my second fill up i am getting 46.4mpg with only 320 miles on the clock
did the numbers my hand. can not wait to see what i get when the engine is broken-in :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
We've had our '13 EX for about a month and a half. So far our overall average is 48.5mpg for 5000 miles. That's with about 20%/80% city/highway driving with our drive to work.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Going on 2 weeks with my 2010 Insight and I am seing 48 MPG on the dash. I have not gone through a full tank yet to start calculating.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been driving a 2012 EX on my 130 mile daily Western Washington State commute for 36,000 miles at a little above posted limits, conditions permitting. Mileage started in the high 40's and improved gradually to high 50's. Have experienced low 60's a few times by driving under the speed limit. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
mpg

I have a 2012 LX, My highest overall (at the end of the tank) was 54.5- all city. I average 48- city/hwy. In the past few months I have been avg 42-44, but checked and my air filter was black, replaced it and it jumped right back up to 48. I think 48 is a safe avg for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts