Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim,

Put me on your list for either weekend. My preference is battery talk as I don't think we can ever have too much battery information. Is Mike coming?

Thank you,
Jim Kuhlman
New e-mail
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
Jim,
Is Mike coming?
I think it is too early to tell. I talked to him couple of days ago and all he could think about was getting some of the snow off his roof. Apparently it is pretty deep up there in the frozen north. He has lots of projects underway, so there is pressure on his time.

Lots of projects underway - sound like anyone you know ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
i will be busy may 17/18, but i can do may 24/25 (although, i may be moving to OH that weekend).

since this will be my first event, i have NO idea what to expect, and will likely just be excited to BE there.

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
since this will be my first event, i have NO idea what to expect, and will likely just be excited to BE there.
The first message gives a bit of flavor. The most valuable part of any of these meets is the chance to meet other Insighters, the socializing and the chance to talk about the cars. There is still time to make suggestions. Hope Ohio can wait a week:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
sadly, it can't. there's a two-week window in there, sandwiched between a trip to jacksonville, FL and a trip to kansas city. since they're both for work, i can't exactly skip or reschedule them. :(

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
Just to be clear, all Honda Hybrids are very welcome. Food is food, friendship is friendship, and tech talk is- well tech talk. All Honda certainly welcome. Heck we might get a Volt or Fit electric.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Either date is OK with me. I can also have Mike go with me like last year, if he is interested. I haven't talked with him in a while because I've been so busy with work and other things. But this time I'm going to drive my 1st gen. Insight. My wife has taken over my 2010 Honda Insight and now she drives that car everyday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
Either date is OK with me. I can also have Mike go with me like last year, if he is interested. I haven't talked with him in a while because I've been so busy with work and other things. But this time I'm going to drive my 1st gen. Insight. My wife has taken over my 2010 Honda Insight and now she drives that car everyday.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

Great to see you are coming! I talked to Mike a few days ago and he is currently overwhelmed with keeping snow off his roof. He is always the "draw" of any Hybrid meet and I hope, with warmer weather, he will be able to make the trip.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
Great news. Peter has offered a free OBDII C&C pcb for some luck attendee, to be drawn from a hat. The winner will need a few inexpensive components from Digikey and a few basic soldering skills. This is a great gauge. Have been using one myself for a couple of years.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am planning to make either weekend.

Both will cause my sweetie to resort to threats

I can make either one once we decide.

now to order a new battery pack.
or sticks or something.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey, tentatively, it looks like I am free on both weekends! Can't believe it! Maybe Jenn and Sandy will make the trip again. We had such a great time at the meet a couple years ago.
(And let it be known, it's my fault the mpg rallies aren't that popular. It's because Sandy and I beat all the manuals in our CVT that time).

Hehe!!! Hi Peter! Love ya guys!

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
(And let it be known, it's my fault the mpg rallies aren't that popular. It's because Sandy and I beat all the manuals in our CVT that time).
Yeah, I think you wrecked the MPG rally beating all the MT guys. Of course, it helped that half of them got lost ;)

There doesn't seem to be an overwhelming demand for the rally, but I'm flexible. Mike D. runs his rally a bit differently. Folks are allowed to run it anytime they want, and to practice, but once they report a time, they are stuck with it. I'm all ears:)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Well, I'm most excited to show off the Amsoil bypass setup. I'm just about to send in the first sample.
Got a new insighter down here at the AF Band, Langley AFB, VA. He got that black, low miles on a few months ago. He beats me to death with his MPGs, all the time ;-)
Got to try and get him up there. I think his battery is shot. I KNOW he'd learn so much!

And Peter giving away a C&C! Oh baby! And Cobb's bringing beer? Why would I NOT come? I might bring some, too!

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Sometimes I have to report to Langley AFB. :confused: I rather go to Ft Lee, Ft Belvoir or one of the various buildings or basements of in DC. :D

·
vote 4 mawah
275 Posts
I'd like to sign up. Do I sign anywhere? :( Either weekend should work fine for me too.
I changed the oil yesterday and ordered cvt fluid and pins for the trunk liners.
Long Story edited out... :D
Is there a list of essentials to bring? Food, beer, wine, baked goods, batteries, parts, tents?
vvill

·
Super Moderator
6,878 Posts
I'd like to sign up. Do I sign anywhere? :( Either weekend should work fine for me too.
I changed the oil yesterday and ordered cvt fluid and pins for the trunk liners.
Long Story edited out... :D
Is there a list of essentials to bring? Food, beer, wine, baked goods, batteries, parts, tents?
vvill
Welcome aboard!

In response to popular demand I am about 90% settled on May 17/18th as the date of the event. The following weekend is official Memorial Day, and lots of folks have plans or want to hold the long weekend open.

The meet is to be held at a private home in Westminster MD, so that we will be able to do light work on our cars. We have a nice long driveway and some grassy area on which to park (address later). A nice cold cut lunch will be provided on Saturday. Beer and soft drinks will be provided for the lunch. Everyone should bring a lawn chair since the host won't have enough to go around. At the moment, I am undecided about how to handle breakfasts. Westminster has a McD so we may just let everyone hit that up, or bring their own coffee cake, etc. Yet to be decided.

The host has promised "flop" area on floors to throw down air mattreses and sleeping bags. Not so sure about tents yet, but I'll be checking that out.

I will be asking for a small contribution to cover food and other related costs. My objective is to make no money, but also not to lose any money ;)

Lot of stuff still open to discussion.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts