Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 UK Insight Owners Day

This is just a placeholder at present for ideas for the 2015 event and to facilitate discussion of the format etc.
European/Irish Members all welcome.

I'm not offering to organise the 2015 gathering, i'm just posting this to promote discussion.

If anyone wants to volunteer to PM or e-mail anyone who expressed an interest in the last two years gatherings or other UK/EU members then we might get some serious interest.

As the admin here I can obtain a txt file containing all the users who put the locations, UK, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, or Europe when registering. The list also contains the e-mail address and last activity date/time.

Perhaps someone in UK wants to volunteer to got through it and any UK/EU and e-mail or PM all those who have been active on the site in the last 12 months and have at least 5 posts to give them the heads up.

If my house work continues on target I might be able to host the 2016 event ;)

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
Sorry - missed this! Perhaps everybody else is busy doing something with the good weather?

I'd certainly love to see your place next year, Peter.

As for this year, I'll assist anyone with my experiences of last year's Bromsgrove event, if that is of help. It's not at all difficult and we're a resourceful and appreciative bunch :)

Suggestions folks?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sadly I don't have time to organize anything, but I'd be keen to join in if anyone else does.

I really enjoyed Bromsgrove 2014. Anyone who hasn't been to an Insight gathering before should certainly try it, as the owners are a very nice and interesting bunch.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I missed this message earlier - I would like to assist - share the load with anyone for a meet this year given Bromsgrove is so central it makes sense to use again if it's still available. As it's late in the year for organising from scratch maybe everything from last year

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although I liked Bromsgrove I'm not sure I would want to go back again this year.
So many other places to try countrywide.

It would be nice to piggy back onto a car show somewhere to stir up a bit of outside interest in the cars as well.

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a bad idea

bloody long way away for me but not a bad idea.

Who want's to contact them to see what they say?

I could be available then.

Alternatively the low carbon vehicle show is on at Millbrook on 9/10th Sept and I'm def going to this anyway.

http://www.cenex-lcv.co.uk/2015/

+ You get to drive cars around the proving track and banked circuit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'll enquire on the arrangements for Beaulieu. Millbrook isn't a bad idea either, though it being midweek could limit attendance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Beaulieu is an option... Sunday 6th Sept

OK, I checked with Beaulieu and it's an option - they may be able to keep an area in the car park for us to rendezvous, and discounted admission applies during this particular weekend with the cheapest rate available online through Beaulieu National Motor Museum, House and Garden in the New Forest (1 day adults £12.70 - 2 day adults £24.50).

International Autojumble - Tickets and Pricing Information

Admission includes entry to the National Motor Museum featuring ‘The Story of British Land Speed Records’, Palace House & Gardens including Mill Pond Walk, Abbey including exhibition of Monastic Life, Monorail and Wheels Ride including ‘Secret Army/SOE’ exhibition and Top Gear Experience including Autojumble event.

I'd be happy to coordinate the event at Beaulieu if there was enough interest; I'd suggest meeting there at 9am on Sunday - there'll be lots to see and do, and people may want to escape early to get home.

Accommodation nearby could be an issue - a quick look at hotels.com sees that this is a busy time of year. It might be necessary to book somewhere like Salisbury - eg Salisbury Bed and Breakfast | B&B | Sarum College, Christian Education and Conference Venue in Salisbury, England - and then have a 30-mile drive in the morning, to arrive at Beaulieu together.

If we said let's do Beaulieu on 6th September, who's in?

forum name / real name / guests
1. Ewan

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
If we said let's do Beaulieu on 6th September, who's in?

1. Ewan
1. Ewan

2. Peter P
I would like a minimum of eight to ten attending before I drive all the way down there.
I would prefer a country B&B so we can park easily.

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
More, hopefully merrier

1. Ewan
2. Peter P
3. pascal28
4. Per, Marian and 2 dogs

We'd want to make a long weekend of it. Beaulieu does allow dogs in the grounds, and I'm sure they'd enjoy the New Forest.

Can I therefore add 'dog friendly' to Peter's country B&B?

·
Administrator
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I'll def be staying the Sat and Sunday night in the area as I will be doing some sight seeing Monday/tuesday before going to the Low Carbon vehicle show on the way back home on Wednesday/Thursday.

Edit

I have just e-mailed 60+ people from my database so we shall see what that turns up.

I'll try and PM people using the IC database as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
1. Ewan
2. Peter P
3. pascal28
4. Per, Marian and 2 dogs
5. Andy, (Whereswally606)

Should be able to make it providing its not gonna clash with a variety of other things happing this year. Plus my brother lives in Botley near Southhampton so it works for me accommodation wise.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll def be staying the Sat and Sunday night in the area as I will be doing some sight seeing Monday/tuesday before going to the Low Carbon vehicle show on the way back home on Wednesday/Thursday.

Edit

I have just e-mailed 60+ people from my database so we shall see what that turns up.

I'll try and PM people using the IC database as well.
I think you can count me in - now that Steve at Auto-tech has put me back on the road.

Viridescence - Stephen

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK, tidying it up a bit - this is just an expression of intent. We can confirm attendance etc later in the summer.

1. Ewan / Ewan / -
2. snikrepretep / Peter P / -
3. pascal28 / Pascal / -
4. UK_MJN / Per / Marian & dogs
5. Whereswally606 / Andy / -
6. Viridescence / Stephen / -

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Thanks for organising. My wife and I would like to attend - if held on a Sunday we will probably drive up from Devon on the day. Latest version of list:

1. Ewan / Ewan / -
2. snikrepretep / Peter P / -
3. pascal28 / Pascal / -
4. UK_MJN / Per / Marian & dogs
5. Whereswally606 / Andy / -
6. Viridescence / Stephen / -
7. osteo999 / Richard
8. The Citrus Smoothie / Christian / Gail

·
Registered
108 Posts
Looks like we've got a decent quorum of people now, so I think we should say we're going ahead with that date... Bealieu have been a bit rubbish in that they're non-committal about reserving a bit of the car park, but I'm sure we can sort something out on the day...

1 - 20 of 62 Posts