Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Join the Mid-Atlantic Insight Owners for another Tech Day in Columbia, Maryland on 15 October, 2016 at the well-renowned Lincoln Tech School of Automotive Technology. We were invited back after a highly successful meet last fall, and we intend to have an even bigger and better event this year with your help!
Start Time 0800 Sharp please...We will start registration at 7:30 .

We have nearly a couple of dozen people signed up for this event!

Address: 9325 Snowden River Pkwy, Columbia, MD 21046

Lincoln Technical Institute | Lincoln Tech
Please bring a copy of your License/Registration/Insurance Card

There will be a social portion at a local restaurant afterwards, at FRISCO TAPHOUSE and BREWERY at 6695 Dobbin Rd, Columbia, MD 21045
Frisco Tap House

Mark your calendars, talk to the boss, put the dogs in kennel, quit your job, or whatever it takes...you don't want to miss this one!
PM MountainDriver or Freezin4 for more info.

The brand new, first in its class destroyer, USS ZUMWALT (DDG 1000) is currently in Baltimore for Baltimore Fleet Week. They will be commissioned on the 15th, and if still there on the 16th, we MAY be able to do a visit. (TBD.)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Going to be back in Vegas when this happens, wish I could come, I really enjoyed the last meet the other day. I need to start making my west coast Insight connections..lol

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
I'm in. This was a very nice event with some great socializing last year. Looking forward to a repeat!

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Confirmed:

-MountainDriver
-JimE
-Freezin4

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
70 Posts
Wow an Insight maintenance day with access to a lift. That's awesome!! What type of maintenance do you guys planning to do? I think I will be able to make it.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Oh it usually covers about anything under car that can be done in reasonable amount of time. Lincoln Tech has lots of lifts so there won't be much competition. Engine oil and filter, gearbox oil, underpanel inspection and repair, brake calipher changes, pad changes, brake line inspections, fuel line inspections - well you get the idea.

Up top, valve adjustments, V-tech screens, spark plugs, EGR plate cleanings(order gaskets ahead of time), ground wires inspection and replacement, etc.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
Wow an Insight maintenance day with access to a lift. That's awesome!! What type of maintenance do you guys planning to do? I think I will be able to make it.
Lincoln Tech in Columbia MD (on Snowden River Parkway ) is a technical training and education facility for HVAC, Culinary, and Automotive Techs. Their auto training institute includes an 18 bay facility with 12 lifts and an adjacent classroom. Absolutely awesome !

There are a couple hotels nearby, and lots of restaurants.

Last year's event had about 20 owners. It was quite a success that included Lincoln Tech inviting us back.

This one is a one day event, starting at 8:00 am and ending in time for Lincoln Tech to able to lock the doors at 3:00 pm. Last year it was followed up with a meal at a nearby establishment with several brews on tap, there may be some discussion about doing the same again this year. Last year, the 2nd day was a visit out to the aviation museum associated with Washington/Dulles airport. An SST, SR-71, Space Shuttle, and much more are housed in the museum.

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Confirmed:

-MountainDriver
-JimE
-Freezin4
-Seed of Speed
-hybrid442

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks Mountain driver and jime for the summary of the event.

Count with me too. I might be able to attend the second day gathering depending on the weather since I have to drive back to Michigan.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Confirmed:

-MountainDriver
-JimE
-Freezin4
-Seed of Speed
-hybrid442
-samwichse
-
-
-
-
-

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts
zorro:

That's terrific, looking forward to meeting you and your car. :)

Confirmed:

-MountainDriver
-JimE -Underbody inspection, brake fluid change. Cabin Air filter, maybe.
-Freezin4
-Seed of Speed
-hybrid442
-samwichse
-Ron007
- zorro17

1 - 20 of 128 Posts