Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has become a tradition over the past several years for us to meet up in Carlisle, PA for a day of Insight chat, and car gazing at the annual Import and Performance Car Show and Swap Meet. http://www.carlisleevents.com/carlisle-events/carlisle-import-and-performance-nationals/default.aspx
Several of us have entered our cars to show off our pride in these little exotics.
We will again meet up right outside the main gate for breakfast at the Fairgounds Diner at 7:30. 1111 Carlisle Springs Rd, Carlisle, PA 17013
There are always an abundance of cool cars organized by country of origin to admire at this event. There are attractions nearby as well as in Harrisburg, Gettysburg, and Hershey, PA not too far away also.
Hope to see many of you there!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
7:30 on what date? May 18, 19, or 20?

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
I'm in! Had a great time last year, even though it was a bit cold and damp. Surely we'll get better weather in late May. Lots of interesting cars to see and tons of used parts to explore.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Pretty sure the selected day is Saturday May 19th. That was case last year. Sunday is a bad day to go because a lot of folks start leaving around noon. I think we should plan on the 19th. Pete???

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'll go to this too!

Sam

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I guess this means I have to wear the pink hoodie, since I made the deal;)
It takes a brave man to wear pastel pink ;-)

·
Premium Member
9,855 Posts
Try 41 hours straight and get back to me. I'm so old my butt is always numb.

Willie

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Why are we meeting at 7:30 a.m. That is pretty early for anyone who has to travel. I suggest we meet at diner at 8:30. That will leave plenty of time to see the place;)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Why are we meeting at 7:30 a.m. That is pretty early for anyone who has to travel. I suggest we meet at diner at 8:30. That will leave plenty of time to see the place;)
Because Pete secretly hates us and wants us to suffer.

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
New Time

OK, it's 3 to 1, so 8:30 it is. If Pete wants to go there at 7:30 just for the suffering, that will be ok:p

Seriously, I'll send him an e-mail. Anyone have an e-mail for fishcleaner?

·
3,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
8:30 sounds good. I’ll email Fishcleaner.
See you guys.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Greetings! I am super busy, and not sure yet if I can make it, but wanted to get this out there just in case. My car is still in pieces in the garage, but I would like to meet some relatively local owners. I'll try to bring a small project along if I can.

I am wondering if anyone has a loose steering wheel they can bring that could be used as a topic of discussion on the best way one might dig out a channel in the back of the spokes to embed switches.

I know this is not the "buy/sell" thread, but I am debating buying instead of fixing my driver side fender skirt so if you're coming and can bring one, PM a price please. Actually, a *thrashed* one, even if cracked, would be fine as long as it isn't missing any material where the chunk is missing in mine, below. Making one good piece from two broken ones would go quite well with the theme of this particular car.

fender-liner.jpg

·
Super Moderator
7,150 Posts
Terrible Weather Forecast

Terrible Weather Forecast for Saturday. Rain/Thunderstorms with 90% probability of percipitation. I am staying in area so up for breakfast, but not gonna slog through rain all day. Who is coming to face this?????

1 - 20 of 27 Posts