Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
WTH Honda - Can't they find another name and stay out of our sandbox??

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
another article confirmed its indeed NOT a hatch ... i dont understand that ... the prius and ioniq are both hatches and the american driving public continue to shift away from sedans and towards hatches, wagons and cuv's/suv's in larger numbers every year ... i was hoping to add a future I3 to my short list of new cars to get one day but it doesnt look like it

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sooo stupid. Very nicely designed 4 door sedan style like that with a hatch kind of like the Audi S7 would have been awesome.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
We need to tuck that 3rd gen Insight well away in a separate subforum and give it a not-too-prominent place in the top bar of the site...
:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
I wish it was a wagon, that would get a lot of attention.

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,419 Posts
We need to tuck that 3rd gen Insight well away in a separate subforum and give it a not-too-prominent place in the top bar of the site...
:rolleyes:
About that... The G2 in the top left is actually a prototype. Maybe we should hold off on adding it until they release production model photos?

We can also write them an open letter explaining that they should at the very least make the production model a hatch if they don't want poor sales. I have a friend who could write a Japanese translation of it also.
Will it get anywhere? Probably not, but doesn't hurt to try.

--------

I don't really mind the looks of this new one compared to some other modern Honda models, it's just weird that it's not a hatchback, missed opportunity. I'm not sure why they have this car though, like is it supposed to compete with the Accord? It looks like a slightly nicer Accord.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm not sure about the hatch/wagon. Even over here, in 'Hatchland', the Civic hybrid sedan outsold the Insight handsomely. I don't know why but it did.

We are the odd ones that like the 1st and/or 2nd gen styling, that's why we got them. We are not mainstream buyers. (or are we? ;))

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
2019 Insight

another article confirmed its indeed NOT a hatch ... i dont understand that ... the prius and ioniq are both hatches and the american driving public continue to shift away from sedans and towards hatches, wagons and cuv's/suv's in larger numbers every year ... i was hoping to add a future I3 to my short list of new cars to get one day but it doesnt look like it
The 2019 Insight is not a hatchback. It is a hybrid 4 door Civic!!! Sadly when I replace my 2010 in the next year of so it will probably be a Prius. I don't know why these auto companies mess with a good thing but I guess that's the reason so many are in trouble..

·
Registered
831 Posts
I'm totally in the Insight Wagon, uhm, well wagon. No need for SUV and I snow ski, ride road bicycle, kayak, hike and all that stuff. An Insight Wagon would be awesome for all that and more!

My 2013 Insight has tried to show me that a really useful Insight Wagon is possible...

Why is it so difficult to upload a picture on this forum? Oh, well, imagine my Insight in a windy snow storm and snow drifted back section that looks like the profile of a nifty wagon. It's a good picture.

We really need drop and load pictures here.

·
Registered
831 Posts
A great concept, but the Aptera company folded. I think in 2013 or so. Haven't heard anything about it since.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
The IP was bought by Zap Jonway after Aptera went belly up 6 years ago.

From there it was relegated to a dusty file cabinet somewhere in China, never to be seen again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts