Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YES THERE WILL BE ONE! Our generous host Mark Vegh has invited us back again to his well equipped garage in Frederick, MD, for the day.

The event will take place on Saturday, June 1st - so mark your calendars. The day will start at 8 a.m. with registration, coffee and breakfast at the Frederick Coffee Company. We will then caravan across town to Mark's place about 9 a.m.

This a non-profit, pay your way affair which usually comes in quite reasonable.

Keep tuned for more details.

This has always been a nice long day of car work and socializing, ending with a Pizza diner at the Woodfire Grill, and some imbibing of fine drink for those who will;)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Our generous host Mark has invited us back again to his well equipped garage in Frederick, MD, for ... a nice long day of car work and socializing, ending with a Pizza diner at the Woodfire Grill, and so imbibing of fine drink for those who will;)
I am so excited! I think this time I might try to get a hotel near the pizza place even though I'm only 45 minutes away. Too much fun hanging with everyone last time!

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always a great time catching up on new and old projects and seen our insight freinds,,I'll be there for sure,
Glad to hear you are coming. You have always been such a great wrench man for those who need a little help:)

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am so excited! I think this time I might try to get a hotel near the pizza place even though I'm only 45 minutes away. Too much fun hanging with everyone last time!
Yeah, that diner has always been a big hit. Please plan to bring that EGR test rig. I think I have three, including a new one in the sealed wrapper.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Count me in, if you don't mind a younger G1 owner joining the party! :)

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah, that diner has always been a big hit. Please plan to bring that EGR test rig. I think I have three, including a new one in the sealed wrapper.
I will bring the EGR tester. It would be great to have a sampling of valves and maybe correlate them to complaints of herky-jerky. I especially want to see what a new valve looks like.

Ideally we would test all the valves available from different sources and see if we can identify one built better than the others.

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mid-Atlantic Date Announced

Mark has cleared his calendar for the event to take place on June 1. Hope everyone in driving of Frederick MD will mark their calendars for the great event. Everyone has always had a great time.

·
Registered
453 Posts
This is a one day event, right?

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Yes, it is a loooong one day event, chocked full of great fun, including evening socializing, and plenty of opportunity for getting maintenance and light repairs done. We try to arrange the work schedule so that the quick maintenance jobs, fluid changes, underbody inspection, light repairs are done first on the one full lift. HondaHybrid442 is a real master at managing lift time.

There is also a scissors lift which raises cars about 3' and which can be used for brake work, tire changing, spring changes - that sort of thing. The event usually draws 12-14 cars, so by being efficient we have always gotten through everyone's needs.

There will be no time for major repairs like transmission swaps, clutch jobs, etc. IMA battery installations would be possible since those do not require the lift.

·
Registered
250 Posts
If a person was coming in from a distance and spending a night or two, might you suggest a hotel in the area? Or, would something right off of I-70 be best?

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If a person was coming in from a distance and spending a night or two, might you suggest a hotel in the area? Or, would something right off of I-70 be best?

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with motels in Frederick. As you see, I am from Richmond, and I stay with a friend when I go up there.

I could do some internet searching, or you could do it yourself. Frederick is righ on I-70 so there should be a wide choice. Are you looking for something inexpensive or just close?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I was asking because I thought you might know. I'm able to find my own, but thanks for offering!

Right now I'm not sure if I'm able to make it, but I thought it might be fun. My schedule's clear but there's some "doctor stuff" between now and then.

Plus, to be up front about it, I'm a bit skittish of the PA Turnpike. I've never driven it in such a little car. Driving west through the flatlands is one thing, The Turnpike is something else. I *hate* that doggone road--even when I'm in an SUV with a turbo-charged 6!

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Right now I'm not sure if I'm able to make it, but I thought it might be fun. My schedule's clear but there's some "doctor stuff" between now and then.
Yeah, that seems to afflict a fair number of the Insight bunch. Must say something about our average age;)

Ya know, you can bypass the PA Turnpike with very little delay. just grab I-79 west of Pittsburgh. Take it north or south as needed and grab I-68 east. That will take you right to I-70 and a quick stint to Frederick. From what I hear about the PA turnpike, I wouldn't get on it either. This route has better roads and NO tolls;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I’ve taken the I-68 route in the past, but never in my Insight. I’d have to turn on my clutch switch to keep the IMA out of the mix, don’t you think?

68 doesn’t have near the truck traffic, or the tolls, but it is ‘way more up-n-down. Maybe I can go one way and come back the other to see which is better — or worse! It would be an interesting comparison for mpg, too.

And it’s “old man doctor stuff,” to boot! :(

Outlasting your warranty can be a challenge.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sat. June 1st in Frederick at Mark's (which is always great!) - I'll clear the day for it and spread the word among other York, PA folks. Just one or two fairly small things and my Insight will be good to go for a road trip.

It'll be great to see you folks again and talk gnarly battery tech again. I am really looking forward to hearing what folks are doing for Linsight conversions BMS-wise, and in sourcing Fit EV SCiB modules.

Roger

·
Super Moderator
6,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, it is a one day event, but it is chock full of socializing, good opportunities for maintenance and small repairs, and plenty of well qualified help. It goes on until oven in the evening at the Brick Oven Pizza, which has always been great outdoor fun - bring a jacket as Frederick evenings can be cool.:)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
About this Discussion
91 Replies
18 Participants
Mountain driver
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing