Honda Insight Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,945 Posts
If you are going to take pics with your I phones, please make sure they are the right side up. My neck don't bend right anymore for sideways or upside down views.

Good pics though.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I also wanted to tell everyone how much I enjoyed seeing everyone again. I had been really looking forward to this meet-up since last year, which I attended before mine was drivable. THANK YOU JP for the help with the compression test and everything else and the opportunity to get to know you better. It was also wonderful getting a glimpse of the tyranny disassembly so that I know what to look forward to when I do mine. I got lots of help and tips that will make the work I did not get done go very quickly. There was talk of other get-togethers before the next one, and projects in between. And for those who could not make it, I think if one of these meet-ups pops up in the southeast, count me in for the drive south. Looking forward to seeing everyone again over the summer. One of my kids is getting a running HCH in a few weeks, and I'm looking forward to introducing her to the gang.

·
Registered
235 Posts
4 views of the meet, more images to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
Jim's Fitsight pack, and a couple panoramas.

See 2019 Frederick Meet for thumbnails that link to original non-reduced images (larger panorama images).

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
A 22-cell 2-row SCiB module, and...

I appreciate being able to get in the group photos thanks to Mark's son (urgh, sorry, I forget your name!).

But, the other side of the coin is it took memorably longer than expected to finish the group photography which led to a curious sequence of images of increasingly bewildered people. :>

Here's probably the best 3, starting with the Take #1, ending with #6.

I really appreciate getting a ride down with Carl (mine's not quite ready again yet), and as always it was wonderful chatting about all things remotely Insight-related. Seeing Jim's fully operational Fit EV battery swap and being sort of part of the HCH tranny (apparently compatible with the Insight with one modification) input shaft bearing replacement were especially interesting.

Thanks, Mark, for hosting another event at that wonderful garage of yours!

Roger

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Who red car that's all crushed up,,ouch..
That one belongs to Ati Kovi. Not sure what he plans to do with it. Would require a quarter panel transplant imo, so lots of work.

Missed your helpful hands. See you at the national, god willing and the creek don't rise;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
That one belongs to Ati Kovi. Not sure what he plans to do with it. Would require a quarter panel transplant imo, so lots of work.

Missed your helpful hands. See you at the national, god willing and the creek don't rise;)
Unfortunately, as evidenced by last weekend's absence, he sometimes must answer to an even higher power than both of those, when duty calls.

·
Hypermiler
3,650 Posts

Possibly a PA meet in October at the Shade Tree Garage in Mont Alto, PA, about an hour or so north of Frederick. Very close for the York folks.

Nothing certain. Since a lot of folk will be at the national in OH, an October meet might be too much.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts