Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2019 UK Insight gathering - BICESTER SCRAMBLE NOT HAPPENING

[EDIT 8 March 2019] - Sorry folks, we can't get into Bicester as a club and the alternative arrangement I was hoping for, isn't going to work out

Feel free to go to Bicester on your own if you like, but don't expect to commune with a lot of other Insighters. IF we did decide to go as a group, meet up in advance and then go in together, we'd be in the public car park.

Roll up, roll up - like last year, we're looking to get an area for Insights to gather at the Bicester Sunday Scramble (Sunday Scramble Tickets ? 28th April 2019 : Bicester Heritage).

[EDIT - 5 March 2019]
There's no way we're getting a dedicated Insight space, but I'm looking to get us in under the auspices of another club. As a result, if you want to go, PM me and I'll send you the registration code.
Ticket sales are open now for £5, until the 21st April

2018 saw a beautiful early summer's day, let's hope the sun shines at the end of April too!

Sign up for the event on the Facebook group if you can - or put your name down here if you're not on FB but want to go... https://www.facebook.com/events/808868029461778/

Ewan

·
Registered
265 Posts
I wish I had a boat big enough to bring mine for a visit!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We might not get a dedicated area...

Just got word back from the organisers, and since the events keep getting bigger they've decided they only want clubs that have pre-1990 cars in their membership, and they want to set a >50% ratio of pre-1990 cars in attendance too.

Maybe in response to the Porsche club showing up with 400 Boxsters last year ;)

Anyway, we'll see what can be done. If we don't get in as a club then we could possibly join in the back of someone else's and try to wing it on the day...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sadly I can't make this as I have holiday booked already for that weekend. Thanks for the prompt though, and may the weather gods smile upon you all!

·
Registered
30 Posts
April 28th Sunday Scramble - Bicester

Many thanks Ewan for your efforts.

I intend to come along for the day again with W522 SLE (light Blue) now with 186,000+ on the clock and newish Matiz springs on the rear.

For those that did not make it last year my middle son who is well into cars thought it was the best all round selection he'd ever seen.

·
Administrator
10,810 Posts
It could seriously hinder the event for us if we can't all park together. :(

We will def have to meet up outside and then arrive in a big group..

Any locations? Local pub / Tescos etc etc

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is a big Tesco just as you reach Bicester from the M40 (Junction 9) on the A41. Very hard to miss and carpark should be quiet on a Sunday morning, from there it's a short drive around the ring road to Caversfield/Bicester Heritage.
Alternative, with a slightly prettier drive in is to meet at Esso service station Baynards Green at the junction of A43 and B4100, off Junction 10 of M40. Not such a big car park as Tesco but more likely to be open early/all hours for coffee and snacks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That’s a shame. I was very seriously looking at coming over for the weekend.

But from Northern Ireland, I would obviously have boats and accommodation to sort. Don’t want to do that unless fairly certain that I could join with the group.

Keep the information updated, and hopefully something can be sorted. As Peterboat said, it not like there will be thousands of insights arriving :-(

For the record Joe Gibb (if you read this – Hi Joe) tried to get a group of insights to go the car show in Limerick last year, but we only managed to get two. We are aiming to at least double our tally this year!

I have a black (sorry grey) 2002 car with 153k miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi all - sorry for the radio silence, I've been away.

OK, the plan is that we can't get in on our own merit because our cars aren't old enough, and the S800 owners club don't seem to know about The Internet so they've been very quiet too :)

What I'm trying to do is clear us to tag onto another group of mixed cars that will also include some NSX club members; so I can set expectations, please could you confirm if you plan to come? I'll ping everyone who adds their name to the list, the code to register for the event as I don't want to make it public.

I expect to have confirmed arrangements by the end of March.

cheers
Ewan

GOING TO BICESTER, 28th APRIL:
1. Ewan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We can't get in as a club to Bicester now

bugger

Bicester won't let us in as a club on our own (we're not old enough) and the plan I had of piggybacking onto the Silverstone Classic Car Club isn't going to work out, as they are being severely limited on their numbers, and they're being forced to have <50% post-1989 cars or they'll get kicked out.

Any other ideas for a different venue / time to meet up?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Guys, I'm so sorry to hear you guys got bumped from this event.

Those of you who put in effort to try to make this Insght get together happen are to be commended for your effort.

Hopefully you are able to find another way to meet up.

Best wishes from Wisconsin, USA

·
Registered
79 Posts
It is a great event, but £62 for a day ticket, that's 2 tankfills in Insight money!
I had hoped to show mine off at Bicester, to see what anyone thinks it might be worth, as it may soon be on the market.:(

Where should I market it? I thought about a classic car auction, but they insisted on no reserve for cars less than £5000, and I am looking for best offers over £2500. UK car interesting previous ownership full service history, no major mechanical faults 112,000miles.
Where is the next show that UK Insighters are going to?

·
Registered
144 Posts
I emailed Danny Hopkins to see if he could get us into the scramble, but in reality it was to late by then, maybe if he reads this he could find us a show in central UK that we could attend? As he says its the 20 anniversary of the car going on sale here so we should celebrate it shouldnt we? After all it is without a shadow of a doubt a great car, mine which is a jap cvt import clocked up 75 MPG the other day how good is that?:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts