Honda Insight Forum banner

What is your level of interest in a New England Insight Event this summer?

• Yes, Mid-coast Maine

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Yes, Boston

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Yes, other

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, going to another one somewhere else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • June

• July

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • August

• September

Votes: 3 75.0%

2020 New England Insight meet up?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  *sean* 
#1 ·
Hey everyone
I am just returning to the States after a long absence and would like to support a potential Insight meetup this summer. I have land and a cabin in Maine and am living around Boston.

Please answer the poll below to show your interest (or not).

#2 ·
I may be traveling to Boston with my dog around the end of the month. If someone were thinking of a meet-up, I would be interested.

#3 ·
Rather than putting a poll out there, or wringing hands about what would be the best time/place, it may be more affective to just decide a day/time/place and make an announcement.
Then promote as necessary.

#4 ·
As a several time organizer, I agree with Eric. Polls are ok if you do them early, as you are doing, but they frequently leave the organizer - the person who has to make a meet happen - scratching their head in confusion. At some point you'll just have to make some arbitrary decisions and promote strongly. Unfortunately the date and venue have to be set fairly early so that folks can plan. In the final analysis, you need a good organizer to take control and an acceptable venue.

I've done polls in the past and they are limited in value. You won't hear from many folks who will register late and attend. (Just don't buy any food or refreshments until the day before the event.;))

Mid coastal Maine is pretty remote to most of the U.S. It is certainly beautiful country and it may work if you can keep it before late summer, when the shakey weather seems to set in. I've visited several times in October and It has seemed by my informal accounting to be a pretty rainy and gray month - a factor if folks are going to camp.

I don't mean to be discouraging or negative, just realistic. I commend you for your initiative and willingness to take the lead. There aren't many who do so and it makes all the difference. There is now a nice west coast meeting shaping up, because someone took the lead. It would sure be nice to see a good meet again in New England. Seems to me that meets are a critical part of keeping the "Insight" spirit alive. Well that's my opinion anyway. :)

#5 ·
@moemobile I'd be willing to meet up sometime in the next few weekends around the Boston area if I can bring my dog. Doesn't have to be a mechanics meet; happy to chat about anything including electronics/software. I'm good for going further if there is a place to crash on a Saturday night.

For summer I am making plans now and would be interested in making a meet up in Maine a place to stop along the way. Proposed dates?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.