Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many calls to Honda headquarters in Canada, I was finally able to prove to them that I am the new owner of my used Insight and was able to bring car in for the IMA recall.

But I read online that there is supposed to be two different IMA recalls for the 2010 Insight. The dealer only did one. Can anyone confirm if one is the proper one or was there another one too that needed to get done?

I guess the "verify IMA" lights that I got in the past few months are related to the recall not being done before. But the lights went away by themselves though even before getting the recall done?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
There are only two software updates related to the IMA. One was unofficial, the second one we owners in the US got letters about.
There are two other software updates, for a total of four. The other two are for the CVT & how the auto stop works. We have never had a Honda dealer mechanic explain how the process works exactly. One theory is that once they connect to the computer all the available update get downloaded. The other theory is that the mechanic' screen will show available updates and it is up to them to click OK. So do beg the service writer to write a note to the tech to please apply all available update.
As an aside, some really early build Insights could not take all the updates. That may have been true or bullshit dealers told customers. As I have pointed out here a few times, Honda got in deep **** applying updates to Civic hybrids without telling the customer it was happening. This has made dealers shy to offer or do them. It is the collective experience around here that all the updates are good and none of them reduce fuel economy. (The main complaint of Civic Hybrid owners)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks egads for the reply.

I kept my paper the dealer gave me after they performed the IMA recall.
Will call Honda Canada to make sure I am not still missing any other IMA recalls or anything else.

I have to also go back to dealer for an air bag recall as they did not have the part in stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts