Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Insight's electronics is some weird disaster probably due to the KARR alarm system. I know the KARR alarm systems are crap and I didn't choose to have it installed.

I'm hoping someone is a bit more knowledgeable with electronics and can tell me what's up.

Biggest issue is:
Locking and unlocking will “burn out” some lights on the car, I say “burn out” in quotes because the lights will no longer work even though they don’t appear to be burnt out.

Seems to mainly affect the 5W bulbs (the secondary low-beam lights, the side markers, and the rear license plate lights have all gone out at various times).

I just now put in two LEDs for the secondary low-beam lights. They work fine when I put them in and turned the lights on. As soon as I walk away and hit the lock button, the right LED no longer works.

Whyyy??

Another thing I noticed that may provide a clue?
  • When locking and unlocking, the alarm will either honk the horn loudly, honk the horn softly, or not honk the horn at all with no predictability

·
3,641 Posts
What a pain. If no one can offer any good advice, maybe reach out to the Karr tech support team. Try this number (888)930-5277

1 - 2 of 2 Posts