Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my Insight at Carmax and LOVE it. It is time for my first big sceduled maintenance (30, 000). How much does this typically cost? It doesn't seem to be as big of a job as a regular car's 30k so I was hoping it wouldn't be as much. Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Hi thekitty34 and welcome to the forum :!: :)

Reads like you've done your homework :!: :)

thekitty34 said:
It doesn't seem to be as big of a job as a regular car's 30k so I was hoping it wouldn't be as much.
Costs vary greatly depending on location and the shop of your choice. Your lowest cost option is to locate a Mom & Pop Honda specialty shop in your area and begin a business relationship. Just follow the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual, you choose normal, severe or something in-between.

HTH! :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Be careful when going to the big dealers. I've had good luck with them for many years, but they will try hard to push the "severe" maintenance schedule even if you don't need it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
^^ I'm very fortunate that I've developed a positive relationship with the service manager at my local dealership (but NOT the dealership that I bought the car from). If you are in the San Diego area, Russ at Honda of Escondido has been fantastic so far, in terms of customer service. Unlike some places (other dealers in my area), he's at least incredibly excited for the opportunity to work on Insights, and he's been working service with Honda for over 17 years. He's also been very good about addressing concerns, and he doesn't blow me off or make me feel like I'm the hysterical, crazy one (as some mechanics are prone to doing to women customers).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts