Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
20200413_140333.jpg 20200413_140319.jpg
20200413_140102.jpg 20200413_140049.jpg

Well here is what I got....will it work? Who knows.... i believe its from a 2010 and suppose to be "better"

Am I suppose to pack those spline with grease?

·
Super Moderator
1,737 Posts
It needs a small amount of grease. The O-ring for the shaft is 91311-P4V-004
The O-ring is very skinny and actually triangular shaped.

Scott

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It needs a small amount of grease. The O-ring for the shaft is 91311-P4V-004
The O-ring is very skinny and actually triangular shaped.

Scott
Awesome thanks Scott, order 4 for good measure (even though I am not sure i want to do this again :) )

Guess its on hold a few more days to see if this flywheel works......more to come.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
my month(s) long project continues. I am close to getting it back together but cant for a life of me get the CV axles to "pop" back in, they make it looks so easy online. I can slide them in but they dont seem to go in all the way and stay, its like the complete opposite issue i had when getting them out, ugh, the saga continues......

·
Super Moderator
1,737 Posts
Most of the time when you get the axel started back in, you can then slide the inner CV joint out a little and push it back in very rapidly and it acts a bit like a hammer popping the inner snap ring back in. Be sure not to however disjoint the inner CV, it can pull it apart. You can also, get the axel started in the transmission, get it straightened and give I a tap with a mallet or hammer and it should just pop in.

HTH,
Scott

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Well it's back together and works again but still leaking a bit so perhaps we damaged the axle pulling it out causing it not to seal or something. but of course after all that my son has already purchased a different car so he can get to work so this one's on the chopping block as is. But I can confirm that the 2010 (per the seller) insight flywheel worked and it drives again

Thanks again for all the help!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts