Honda Insight Forum banner

37820-PHM-505 sp ECU swap problem.

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Christian007 
#1 · (Edited)
I purchased the 505 sp ECU to swap into my MT 2000 Insight hoping to raise my MPG's but while opening the case I accidentally broke off the voltage relay screwed into the the side concealed by a heat sink. Does anyone know if I can solder in my old one or where I can find parts for the ECU? I do realize I can order another one buut if its a cheap part why not. Its black -has 3 legs and the writing I believe reads SK 3003S 7.5 23 its hard to make out the lettering. all help is appreciated thanks :)

#2 ·
On one of mine it is an SK 3003s 9N 19

Made by Sanken.

SI-3003S pdf, SI-3003S description, SI-3003S datasheets, SI-3003S view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

Pretty much any modern 3 terminal 5v regulator should probably work OK.

Make sure you get the pins the right way round. the new device may not match the old.

If you have the old one and are good at soldering then no reason why you can't solder it back on. Careful on the circuit board there is not much space between traces and pads. It's easy to get a solder bridge :(

#3 · (Edited)
In the case of soldering it back on . That's what I said but, while I was at the shop that DE soldered the key immobilizer chip they felt it was broken off too close to the edge of the chip and didn't want to damage it. apparently I mis-read the writing it actually reads
SK
3003S
7.5 23 so im guessing a voltage regulator of some sort . IDK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.