Honda Insight Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey! So I made the fuel cap hanger featured in the first post, but I've also designed a few other Insight parts and Insight-related items with varying degrees of utility.
There's the storage bin coin holder adapter, which is potentially useful if you also have access to 20-year-old GM interior parts.
Then there's the Transformer I made, which is just silly.
Now, fresh out of the printer I have something new that people may actually be able to use: switch mounts and replacement blanking plates.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
Very nice. Thank you.

Has a scale factor been built in, or should one apply their own scale factor?

What was used to model it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi S Keith,

The stl files are the ones I put into Replicatorg as is, 100% scale, I use abs filament and it fits the circuit board nice and neat.

I use 30% infill, 0.2mm layer heights and 2 shells at 220 degrees C.

I will post more details like screw sizes and print settings on thingiverse.

hope that is helpful as each 3d printer can have its own nuances.

I use a Makerbot Replicator 1 clone with a few mods to make it nice and reliable, and the parts were made in Geomagic.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I have found I need a 2% scale factor for ABS on my Da ****ty 1.0A. It has nothing but nuances, but the price was right.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I designed this as a replacement to the on I ordered from ProClip. So far the PLA version has held up better than their molded part... I have printed it in PETG, but haven't had it long.. Should hold up great though.

It fits in the left center air vent above the radio.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2389361

I suggest printing in PETG or ABS to avoid warping in the sun/heat.

·
Premium Member
3,415 Posts
I designed this as a replacement to the on I ordered from ProClip. So far the PLA version has held up better than their molded part... I have printed it in PETG, but haven't had it long.. Should hold up great though.

It fits in the left center air vent above the radio.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2389361

I suggest printing in PETG or ABS to avoid warping in the sun/heat.
Confirmed - at least for AZ. PLA printed parts will warp like crazy if used in auto interiors. ABS holds up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does anyone need any pieces?

Please let me know if anyone needs any pieces 3d printed or laser cut. Have design and production capability. Looking for "fun" projects.

·
Administrator
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Nice job.. I'm interested in the knob though. Never been able to find one that fits well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would like to obtain the small plastic part for the rear hatch actuator. i have been here for a while but haven't posted hardly at all so if there is something i am not doing correctly will try to correct my mistakes

·
Super Moderator
4,889 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I made a custom circular enclosure for my OBDIIC&C P&P Joystick PCB. Recommend printing in PETG or ABS. I uploaded to Thingiverse in case anyone wants to print one.
Enjoy!
I will try to get it printed out here.
I am operating the little joistick with my bare hands and i think it starts to malfunktion because of corrosion or cable bending issues...:(
I desperately need a propper box for that item otherwise i cannot use it like it should be used.

The ideea with the little boxes from a jeweler didn`t work out the way i wanted to!

THANKS for the files!!! I will report back if there`s a result in my hands...

·
Premium Member
764 Posts

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
3D

Somehow this file doesn´t work. Can you please check?

I got my 3D printed joystick case and next week i will put some pictures online.
Why next week and not now!? Because the little knob doesn´t fit and because of the length of the joystick -"stick" i had to rethink the functionality for the construction to work in the "hard" reality of driving and using it...

Because i have a 3D printer-guy on hand i thought i´d reprint my IMAC&C case but the file is somehow damaged...

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
61 - 80 of 85 Posts