Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shopping at Lowes yesterday and noticed they are selling a 3D printer made by Dremel. They are selling for $999.00. They also have a large selection of colors in the plastic. I checked online and see that Home Depot is also selling them. Not sure how the quality of the parts produced on the printer.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I've heard the Dremel printer is fairly good. It is, however, just a re-branding of a Flashforge Dreamer. But they can produce good-quality parts once you're familiar with them (as with most 3D printers).

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
I picked up a Da Vinci 1.0A from Newegg for $330. 8" cubic build space. It's a fairly restrictive unit as you're forced to use their filament cartridges. If you're a tinkerer and are open to work-arounds, it's a very capable unit. They tend to run about $450 now.

If you want to go full open source, it can be flashed to the repetier firmware and work like any reprap or other open source unit.

Steve

·
Super Moderator
4,796 Posts
What does this thread have to do with Gen Insigt thread way off base
This thread was properly posted in the "Insight Off-Topic>Insight Lounge" forum. This is an example of why this forum exists.

Many of us enjoy discussions of interesting technology like this.

Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts