Honda Insight Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Engine-Off-Coast
@toomanycamrys
Hey your PM box is full, but if you're still around I'd like another set of the spoiler blocks and if possible an OBDIIC&C case. I prefer black, but any colour is fine, as long as it's ABS. Let me know how to send payment.

Registered
Hey all,

Thanks to Mario for creating the model, to Natalya for the write up and to Jesse for printing these spoiler blocks for me. Jesse was super helpful and the repaired spoiler is in better shape than the original.

Suggestion for scanners -- that flat bolt thingy is a problem. Mine was so rusted I needed to attack it with bolt cutters. *And* it took 2.5 weeks to get here because there are so few left in the system.

It would be nice if someone would scan that to provide a rust and rattle free alternative. Seems like Honda should used a nylon nut and bolt set up. I'm not wise in the way of 3D printing but surely one could print something in a nylon-like material?

Registered
Hey guys,

toomanycamrys was my buddy, and he up and left to go back to his hometown. I have his excess stock of spoiler blocks if any of you are interested.

Dunno who Jesse is (just logged in quickly to post this), but Jesse, if you want to take over supplying these that works as well. Life's too short for us to have rattly spoilers ;).

Those of you who have been PM'ing toomanycamrys, if you're interested please PM me, and I'll keep my inbox trimmed so I don't miss anyone. Can fire up the printer and crank out more sets as well. Don't have OBDII C&C cases at this time, but will keep it updated. Cheers!

Premium Member
Hey guys,

toomanycamrys was my buddy, and he up and left to go back to his hometown. I have his excess stock of spoiler blocks if any of you are interested.

Dunno who Jesse is (just logged in quickly to post this), but Jesse, if you want to take over supplying these that works as well. Life's too short for us to have rattly spoilers ;).

Those of you who have been PM'ing toomanycamrys, if you're interested please PM me, and I'll keep my inbox trimmed so I don't miss anyone. Can fire up the printer and crank out more sets as well. Don't have OBDII C&C cases at this time, but will keep it updated. Cheers!
Yup, I don't want to tread on anyone. Long story short, Mudder is allowing me to print his TLC's and keep owners trunk latches working, Dan bought one of those and was asking me about the spoiler blocks. I printed a set of those for him (as well as a few extra sets) since this thread had went dead.

Thanks for getting back with everyone.

Registered
Ooh, yikes, nah, no toes stepped on here! Have at it, do whatever you want guys, personally I'm glad to see our Insights staying on the road...without rattles. Both of mine are down for the count, haha.

I'll respond to PMs tomorrow sometime.

Premium Member
I recently made a video showing the install of these blocks. I've been selling them in addition to the TLC parts for a year or so now.

$25 shipped, message me and I will give you instructions on payment via paypal.

Reactions: retepsnikrep

Linsight Designer
Would the plastic ball bushing on our wiper linkages be a good candidate for 3D printing?

View attachment 92473
I tried to come up with a 3DP solution... but there just isn't much extra room in there to overcome the weaknesses of 3DP parts. One thought I had - but didn't try - was to design a 3DP sleeve that slid over both end of the rod, and was then glued in place... never got around to trying that out, as you can still buy replacement arms for around $12... I just bought half a dozen of each arm and called it a day. If the arms ever do go EOL (maybe they are now), I'm sure I can come up with a 3DP solution.

Registered
I found this on thingiverse: link

Light Tableware Wood Wood stain Font

Unfortunately it's for a Honda Civic.

I don't know anything about 3D printing, but from the link the .stl files (whatever they are :)) can be downloaded.

Could these be used as a starting point and perhaps modified to fit our Insights?

Linsight Designer
I designed a bushing essentially as shown above, but for the G1 insight... it didn't last more than a couple rainstorms. The stresses from the linkage to the 3DP insert are too great, causing them to shear.

Registered
I designed a bushing essentially as shown above, but for the G1 insight... it didn't last more than a couple rainstorms. The stresses from the linkage to the 3DP insert are too great, causing them to shear.
Probably have to print them in nylon or maybe a filament with carbon fiber in it. And it would still be questionable whether a 3d print would stay together.

Linsight Designer
Yes, but not as originally designed... The cap would no longer thread around the screw, and would be a simple, radially symmetric cover that snapped in after the fact.

Registered
I recently made a video showing the install of these blocks. I've been selling them in addition to the TLC parts for a year or so now.

$25 shipped, message me and I will give you instructions on payment via paypal.

Hey Jesse,

Is it possible to order 6 sets of spoiler clips? My dad spoke to Scott Kulback about these and he referred you. I tried to send you a pm but I have not 鈥渕et the minimum qualifications鈥 to do so. Thanks

21 - 40 of 42 Posts