Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks to Mario for creating the model, to Natalya for the write up and to Jesse for printing these spoiler blocks for me. Jesse was super helpful and the repaired spoiler is in better shape than the original.

Suggestion for scanners -- that flat bolt thingy is a problem. Mine was so rusted I needed to attack it with bolt cutters. *And* it took 2.5 weeks to get here because there are so few left in the system.

It would be nice if someone would scan that to provide a rust and rattle free alternative. Seems like Honda should used a nylon nut and bolt set up. I'm not wise in the way of 3D printing but surely one could print something in a nylon-like material?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey guys,

toomanycamrys was my buddy, and he up and left to go back to his hometown. I have his excess stock of spoiler blocks if any of you are interested.

Dunno who Jesse is (just logged in quickly to post this), but Jesse, if you want to take over supplying these that works as well. Life's too short for us to have rattly spoilers ;).

Those of you who have been PM'ing toomanycamrys, if you're interested please PM me, and I'll keep my inbox trimmed so I don't miss anyone. Can fire up the printer and crank out more sets as well. Don't have OBDII C&C cases at this time, but will keep it updated. Cheers!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Hey guys,

toomanycamrys was my buddy, and he up and left to go back to his hometown. I have his excess stock of spoiler blocks if any of you are interested.

Dunno who Jesse is (just logged in quickly to post this), but Jesse, if you want to take over supplying these that works as well. Life's too short for us to have rattly spoilers ;).

Those of you who have been PM'ing toomanycamrys, if you're interested please PM me, and I'll keep my inbox trimmed so I don't miss anyone. Can fire up the printer and crank out more sets as well. Don't have OBDII C&C cases at this time, but will keep it updated. Cheers!
Yup, I don't want to tread on anyone. Long story short, Mudder is allowing me to print his TLC's and keep owners trunk latches working, Dan bought one of those and was asking me about the spoiler blocks. I printed a set of those for him (as well as a few extra sets) since this thread had went dead.

Thanks for getting back with everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Apologies if I stepped on anyone's toes. I assumed -- it seems wrongly -- this was a thread for anyone offering 3d printing. My bad.

Thanks to all who helped, apologies for the mistake.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ooh, yikes, nah, no toes stepped on here! Have at it, do whatever you want guys, personally I'm glad to see our Insights staying on the road...without rattles. Both of mine are down for the count, haha.

I'll respond to PMs tomorrow sometime.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I recently made a video showing the install of these blocks. I've been selling them in addition to the TLC parts for a year or so now.

$25 shipped, message me and I will give you instructions on payment via paypal.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts