Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Others have said the Insight paint chips too easy. I have only 5000 miles and have a few chips already.

I decided to look into Clear Bra and I saw precut film and bulk film. I have enough trouble getting my phone protector on right.

Then I saw Paint Defender from 3M. Full kit is about $30. I can covered my hood, bumper, fenders, and mirrors. I did the headlight too.

The kit literally has everything. Plastic to protect the rest of the car, tape, a can holder, wax, and a large spray can.

I took the car to a hand car wash. I spent some extra time getting the bugs off. I then waxed with the provided wax. I did the whole front. I put the plastic over the rest of the car and under the hood by the wipers. I taped the plastic down the fender and covered the tires with a garbage bag.

Spraying was as per videos. There are several on YouTube. When you finish one section don't go back. I had my son watch for any area I missed. You spray in two directions to eliminate gaps.

I can't take a picture because all you would see is a car. It drys clear and with a nice shine. You can see a slight line where I taped down the fender. Next time I'l do all the way to the door. I have a little orange peel where I went back over an area (hence the advice not to go back).

·
Registered
440 Posts
Very interesting! You'll have to report back and let us know how it's going. I always wanted to put on the 3M Clear bra, but it's expensive. If this work well, it would be great!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Spray on is usually temporary... Maybe last about 3 months or so I would think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts