Honda Insight Forum banner

41.5 lmpg on a 40,000 mile car!!!

9706 55
Probably the worst MPG ever!
:shock: :shock:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1562259#lg

Its pretty close to where I work I might go test drive it.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Probably has cheap cruise control...

You know, cheap cruise control = a brick on the accelerator... :lol:

Nah, that might have worked on the old VW buses back in the '60s... this has to be someone who doesn't know or care the least bit about driving an Insight.

Or doesn't know how to release the hand brake... :shock:

· Registered
1,228 Posts
Don't fear 50

My tires have been on 50 since I read (here!) that this was the way to mileage nirvana. I drive for high mileage, but My Beloved drives like it was a normal Civic. :shock:

Our LMPG is now 53.8, but I had it as high as 54 two weeks ago before she got a hold of it for almost 400 miles. Oh well.

Stats: 19,900 miles, CVT, 50 all around, Rostra cruise (I don't use much, she does), and we skewed the LMPG with a 5,000 mile trip to Utah early in the life of the car, averaging high speeds and many mountains (even up to the tippy-top of Pikes Peak, with trip average of 46.x MPG).

So throw down a Margarita or two, pump those puppies up to 50, handling is even better (for me) and My Beloved hasn't been able to tell the difference. :wink:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.