Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just returned from a 4100 plus mile road trip and I have to say the Insight was nice to ride in. Comfort level and space was fine and the mileage was fantastic! It saved us a ton of money in the end since we traded in our Honda Element. We averaged 47.8 MPG's. Very satisfied. I used Fuelly to track the trip and the HUD gauge was only off by about 1.25 mpg's per fill up. As usual, 91-93 Premium gas fill ups resulted in 4-5 more miles per gallon. Worth it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thats a lot of seat time! Did you try to run on lower octane? I had better fuel mileage on 89 octane than I did with the 91-92 octane. Is yours an automatic? What year? How fast did you drive? Still 47 mpg is really good.

·
Premium Member
9,863 Posts
tsfarling:
How about installing your location in your profile?

Willie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2010 EX Auto with Navi. I did notice that there wasn't a big difference between 89-91 but since it was a little I went for it. We started in Oklahoma, went to Chicago, Maine, NYC, DC, Nashville, and then back home. Huge trip and tons of fun! I never topped 72 on freeways and always stay with 2-3 of the speed limit.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Wow, thats fantastic. If you passed through Richmond, VA we could of had a cup of coffee with a few localInsight owners.

Were you the guy who removed the top half of the rear seat to camp in the back?

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
and i thought my mileage was pretty low. musta been using the A/C full time and doing 80mph.

i got about 70mpg on my cross country trip last month and my car really struggles with lean burn above 60mph, keeping it in lean burn at 65 is tricky.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts