Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was invited to Busch Gardens last weekend to see their lighted decorations for this time of year. Being short notice I took the Insight out for a spin and was smiling the whole way. I did not have the phev kit on as I did not know the current state of charge as it was unplugged and the bms was turned off. On the way home I got 2 mpg less. Notice the mini p&g I am doing going up and down a few mph, Notice the slight regen, thats what you will see going over 75 mph, just a slight regen, but you cant feel it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry about not knowing some of the acronyms common to here, but what is P&G? Great mileage for just under 80mph!!! I think we'll be averaging around 72-73 on the highway during our daily commute so it's good to see how much better our Insight will be than our Civic was.

·
Premium Member
9,752 Posts
P&G = Pulse and glide. Usually used by "hypermilers".

HTH
Willie

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I use to say the lowering springs, but the folks on eco modders are debating that. Its been lowered, sidewall psi on the tires, upper and lower grill block all but 3 inches of the drivers side, led, hid lights, kn filter, straight pipe exhaust, group 51 battery, removed spare tire and jack, just to name a few.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
32 Posts
We've managed to average 44mpg and 45mpg from our first two tanks of gas. At the very least we're hopeful to maintain those numbers and at the very most even improve upon them once the car is a little more broken in and we grow accustomed to driving a hybrid in a way that will net the best mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts