Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Insight Automatic
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With pick n pull having a sale, I used their barely functional website to find the nearest blue Honda insight, an hour away. I salvaged a bunch of parts for my insight and in the end I only paid 53 dollars.

I figured there would be a Honda civic in their yard as well and took an armrest off one of them. What I wasn't expecting was to find someone's modified/personalized arm rest. Upon finding it in the 105 degree heat I knew I couldn't just leave it there. I rescued it.

After work today I stopped by harbor freight, bought a 6 dollar Dremel and got this bad boy in my car. At some point before I screw it in I'm gonna need to clean it.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
If I had the experience you did it would feel like my birthday and Christmas at the same time. Bravo!!!! I made a guide here and on YT if you need help shaping the armrest.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Insight Automatic
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funnily enough I did watch yours and jroblings videos before and during my creation. I decided to go with his idea of just hammering the tabs back and your camera Angles showed the How far back the lip needed pretty well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts