Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Engine-Off-Coast
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Today I was PM'ing one of the prospective buyers about the IMA battery.

I want to reiterate, as stated in OP, that the IMA battery is bad. I believe it is a Honda warranty battery, meaning it's at least 10 years old and contains cells that were refurbished at least 10 years ago. There's a small chance it is an aftermarket battery, meaning the cells would have been made in China. I honestly cannot recall what type it was, but either of those scenarios is a very bad scenario.

The IMA battery has no hope of revival. She's been driving on the same one the whole time she's owned it (about 2 to 2½ years if I remember right) in fact the first time I met her was because she wanted me to install the Prolong harness for her. It's been charged and discharged multiple times since then. I am of the opinion that the IMA battery was already bad when she bought the car. It's worse now.

My message to anyone who thinks they can recover the battery is as follows:
The IMA battery is beyond hope unless your forum name is S Keith or eq1 or eli and you're going to do some voodoo magic involving supercapacitors to blow out the dendrites or whatever the heck it is those guys do these days. The battery is bad.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Natalya, I sent you a PM about the Grid Charger today.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was just inquiring 442, she did make the offer in the beginning of the thread. Natalya has installed for at least one other person I read about. As far as I know she’s the only member that has installed for others.

I would absolutely fly cross country if I had a ready to go LTO to drive back to CA.

Plus this is a nice Citrus, most likely sold months ago.

·
Super Moderator
1,731 Posts
HH442,
You need not answer questions for Natalija. Please let her manage her own thread.
You have now also hijacked another thread to list your car for sale. I will be back to delete some of your posts one I know you have seen this.
Knock it off!

Scott

21 - 30 of 30 Posts