Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In yet another example of the unbelievable incompetence of my local Honda dealer in Bakersfield, they completely failed to properly secure the spats (rear wheel covers) on my Insight after a 60,000 mile service. They missed the tabs on the front and top of each spat. Additionally, they failed to actually tighten the retaining screws on both sides. I found them all loose. Amazingly, they did'nt fall out on the short drive home. It only takes a half turn for crying out loud! How hard is that?

They also overfilled the oil with three full quarts...again, and failed to look at the brake pads while the tires were off. If there were any problems, I sincerely doubt they are capable of finding, let alone fixing them. So, as usual, never trust the dealer. I love this little car, but come 2006, its getting replaced with a Corolla. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
A Corolla hybrid? :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm having my 60,000 maintenance done today for $289. I wish I had a choice rather than to pay the dealership. We only have three Insights in my town of 35,000. I talked to another owner, who said he took his Insight to the dealer for maintenance and was satisfied with their work. We'll see if they overfilled the oil when I pick it up this afternoon! It drives so well, you almost hate to take it in to the dealer for any kind of work... but this is my first checkup since it was purchased used back in April...

Getting good city mileage - 62
Jennie in Hot Springs, Arkansas
2000, standard (of course), air, Honda CD changer
Love this car.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Sorry you have such incompetent service at the dealers. No other Honda dealers around? I'm lucky. Hagerstown(MD) Honda is excellent.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I drive from Bakersfield to Los Angeles for work (hence the Insight). Two of the dealers I contacted in L.A. gave me the impression that they really didn't want to deal with the car. Too much trouble. Honda of Santa Monica was fairly good, but it gets expensive renting cars to go home when it's there for service (no loaners). So, I have to take it to the dealer in Bakersfield for the "important' service to make sure Honda does'nt try to void my warranty if i need it. (100,000 mile). Unless it breaks, they will probably never see it (or me) again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts