Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone's needing new tires, Costco is doing their $60 off a set of Bridgestone tires until 1/30/05 again. So basically you can pick up a set for about the price of 3.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
The nearest Costco to me doesn't have them in stock so I ordered them from Costco's online site. The site clearly shows you can get the $60 off online. Yet as I placed my order it only showed $48.99 off. WTF, I'm confused. My total came to $210.47 out the door and it should have been $199.46.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Resist,
Did you notice that the price of the tire only showed $48.99 per tire in your shopping cart, instead of the regular $59.99 per tire price that is shown in the tire description page? Not sure why it showed up this low.

Basically I just took it as a buy 3 get one free deal and didn't worry about the "missing" $20. It was still a good deal.

You could always call customer service to try to get the extra $20. Hopefully they won't notice the "error" in the $48.99 price and try to change it back to $59.99.

In any case, here is the Costco tire price I got when checking on their site.

I went to the Costco Website and it comes up as total price as
$226.57 installed.

Here's the breakdown:
Per tire
$48.99 tire
$1.00 disposal fee
$10.00 installation package
$2.50 State fee (your state may not have this)

Multiply this by four and you get...
$249.96 subtotal

Add
$12.48 Non-member surcharge
$13.12 Tax
subtract ($48.99) Coupon - (this automatically showed up)

$226.57 ORDER TOTAL

There is not a Costco near me so I took the Web Page print out to a
local Tires Plus that has a set of tires in stock and they PRICE
MATCHED! Good deal, since Tires Plus originally wanted $81.62 PER
TIRE installed. (before tax)

For the price match deal it worked out, before tax, to be $53.36 per
tire installed! ($226.57 - $13.12 = 213.45. Divide by 4 equals 53.36)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
ericbecky said:
Basically I just took it as a buy 3 get one free deal and didn't worry about the "missing" $20. It was still a good deal.
I already emailed Costco, we will see what they say. I'm not letting them slide on this. If they are going to advertise a $60 (not $59.99), off sale then that is what it should be and not $48.99.

Before the price was $58.99 because that included the installation. It is still the same, but it's not included in the price quote with the tire. It is added in the checkout.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Well Costco finally got back with me and rebated me some money so I got the full $60 off. Now that is a great deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts