Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See attached, which is from my wife's Gen2 Insight. It shows 1070 miles at an average of 64.4 mpg UK, which is 53.7 mpg US. The driving was mainly quite short journeys (mostly under 20 miles) on a mix of dual carriageway (freeway) and urban/city traffic. The car - which we have owned from new - has done 85,000 miles and has never missed a beat...

Attachments

·
Registered
322 Posts
T
See attached, which is from my wife's Gen2 Insight. It shows 1070 miles at an average of 64.4 mpg UK, which is 53.7 mpg US. The driving was mainly quite short journeys (mostly under 20 miles) on a mix of dual carriageway (freeway) and urban/city traffic. The car - which we have owned from new - has done 85,000 miles and has never missed a beat...
Thats decent what year? Model es?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012, 'EX' spec which was the highest-specification in the UK: leather, sat nav, voice recognition, heated seats, auto wipers and lights, etc.

·
Registered
322 Posts
2012, 'EX' spec which was the highest-specification in the UK: leather, sat nav, voice recognition, heated seats, auto wipers and lights, etc.
I've the es no sat nav though) jealous)UK car originally ,I bought it in Ireland, 2012- first insight was a 2010 Jap import

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've the es no sat nav though) jealous)UK car originally ,I bought it in Ireland, 2012- first insight was a 2010 Jap import
What kind of mpg do you routinely get? Our car is used mainly for fairly short (up to 20 miles) journeys and seems to achieve 63-64 mpg (UK) quite consistently - although a little less in colder weather. I also have the new Honda CR-V electric hybrid and that is routinely doing 54-55 mpg UK, which i think is great for a big (by UK standards!) SUV.

·
Registered
322 Posts
What kind of mpg do you routinely get? Our car is used mainly for fairly short (up to 20 miles) journeys and seems to achieve 63-64 mpg (UK) quite consistently - although a little less in colder weather. I also have the new Honda CR-V electric hybrid and that is routinely doing 54-55 mpg UK, which i think is great for a big (by UK standards!) SUV.
I've the es version slightly less mpg than my 2010 insight,it's all bloody hills where I live in Cork,manage to get decent MPG up to 55/65 but TBH I drive like a granny,and always am Uber eco when possible

·
Registered
322 Posts
I've the es version slightly less mpg than my 2010 insight,it's all bloody hills where I live in Cork,manage to get decent MPG up to 55/65 but TBH I drive like a granny,and always am Uber eco when possible
P.s. all my journeys are shortish,10 / 20 miles

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
55-65 mpg UK is good for shortish journeys/hilly terrain. My wife is a skilled eco-driver in her Insight, and always gets slightly better mpg than me!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts