Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No I'm not. I just bought it for $200 lol. My thinking is over time the high powered magnet backed them out somehow. They were all loose too. No point in really writing them a letter.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Really weird. Honda usually uses a lot of loctite on their bolts, something my dad found out when rebuilding one of their outboard boat motors. I did have a Honda that they missed using thread sealant on a hatch latch. Once again, my hat if off to you for taking this job on. Reminds me of my neighbor who converted his Civic from an automatic to a stick in the driveway.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There wasn't any loctite on any of the bolts. Not on the donor car and parts either. The workers removing the sensor even said wow no loctite. Probably would have been a good idea, even for me to have added some to the new part before putting it back in. But I guess I'll have another 10 years before having to worry. Part is from a 2012 crz. Even 2 years will be fine. Need to make money driving with the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Replacing the ima motor fixed the car. Uses the ima battery to start again. The car has 254k on it and I believe it'll be the first one I get to see hit 300.

·
Administrator
10,958 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No worries. Any thoughts on the other post? Possibly know how to reset computer for ab, brake and vsa? No check engine light, auto stop isn't operating.

·
Administrator
10,958 Posts
You need a Honda OBDII tool or decent equivalent I expect.
There maybe some manual light clearing tricks in the proper workshop manuals.

I don't have a G2 so can't advise further.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Need to go to a Honda garage AFAIK no non Honda garage has access to the Honda mainframe ( definitely the case in Ireland and the EU)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Of course, so they can charge. Go figure. I appreciate both of your inputs, thank you. I figured it was something like that but thought there might be a way to jump the connectors or fuses. Thank you though.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Your stuck with the Honda mainframe,in other words for software updates etc it's a visit to Honda,no choice, certainly in Europe we go to Honda or the car stays sick

21 - 34 of 34 Posts