Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
2000 Insight for sale in Madison, Wisconsin (Technically, Sauk City, WI)
69,000 miles
$4,000 obo
5-spd
Silver
Transmission shifts as it should
Hybrid battery is bypassed so car runs on gas alone. Still gets great mpg!

Previous owner bought it for $12,000 10 years ago with 61,000 miles on it. Only put 8,000 miles on it since then!

Overall car runs as it should other than the batttery bypass.

Battery bypass done with harness and Arduino to keep dash warning lights off. Entire pack could be removed to save weight, and car would still drive on gas alone. Harness can easily be re-pinned if new owner chooses to put a different pack in or refurbish existing pack.

Has scratches on and around rear wheel covers where it scraped against parking ramp pillars. Tried to show it in pictures but better to see in person. Also some hail dents on roof? Previous owner thought that happened about the time he bought it a decade ago.

Would love to keep it but I already have a 2002 with 98,000 on it. Doesn't make much sense to switch to this one.

If you want me to explain how to take out pack so you can work on it, I can do that

If you want me to remove bypass and put in a brand new hybrid battery for you, I can do that for an additional $2,100.

Message me or call 608-729-4082

- Eric

Album with some photos

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dropping the price on this to $4,000.

I can't update the original listing.

Wanted to add that tires are worn and the two spring bolts and donut gasket need to be replaced on the exhaust by the catalytic converter.
I have the exhaust parts and will include them. Car sounds kinda cool with the louder leak, but should be properly fixed long term.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I think it would be nice if the original price had not been changed so people could see how much the priced was dropped.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts