Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just bought a 2011 base and have already put 1967 miles. And I a, pleased to report that my avg mpg is sitting at 56.3. So I am very happy that I choose the I2 over the prisucks....:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its a great car! Keep us posted. Welcome to Insight Central!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow!! 56 mpg over nearly 2000 miles. Very, very good. Better even than my wife's Prius. I've had only one 50+ mpg tank on my I2 with over 5000 miles. I'm green :) with envy.

Welcome to the forum. Teach us how you do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you break down the kinds of driving you do? Meaning, 50% city, 50% highway? Mostly highway? That kind of thing.

Thanks,
Sure I am in sales so a majority of my driving in the city. For me the key has been to only use chevron premium fuel. And doing my best to keep the light green. Btw I seem to get better mpg in the city.

·
Registered
622 Posts
not calling your results into question, although I would suggest using paper and pencil as opposed to taking the car's word for it, but much of this seems counterintuitive

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sure I am in sales so a majority of my driving in the city. For me the key has been to only use chevron premium fuel. And doing my best to keep the light green. Btw I seem to get better mpg in the city.
Interesting. I have the opposite results. If I am very careful I can get 45 in the city. If not, I get around 35! However, on the freeway I always get awesome mileage. I easily average 50 without even trying. Many times I get high 50s and sometimes even the coveted max of 62.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Premium fuel is needed for higher compression engines. So its probably a waste of money in an I2. Extra fuel addatives that keep the fuel lines cleaner may be a good idea. Texaco and 76 have that available in their Regular gas at a lower price!

·
Registered
465 Posts
In some places the premium does not contain ethanol and the regular does. That will make a difference. Unfortunately where I live everything has ethanol in it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
In some places the premium does not contain ethanol and the regular does. That will make a difference. Unfortunately where I live everything has ethanol in it.
There is a "kettle chip" plant in near-by Eugene Or. that sells its used cooking oil to be processed into the ethanol used in Oregon gas....and that is a good thing.

When ethanol was added, I checked my mpg very closely. I found that my city mpg went down abit, but my highway mpg was virtually uneffected. I did the checking in my old '02 Saturn SL1. ..On a monthly basis, I found that my overall mpg went down a little from close to 36.5 mpg to close to 36 mpg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts