Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tue 28th Jan. 2009 SE. 4 degrees C (39.2 F) South East London to West London (1hr), then M4 to Cheltenham (2hrs), total 119.2 miles. Average speed 39.73 mph. Less than £10 for a journey that previously cost £28. Pleased.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As of today (Jan 30, 2020) the cost of a UK gallon is approx £6 ($7.81). US gallon equivalent would be approx £4.99 ($6.52). I believe you're paying less than $3 (£2.31) per US gallon? So is gas really twice the price here in the UK??

·
Super Moderator
8,147 Posts
The difference is mostly in the taxes. From my prior travels in Europe, it is true most everwhere. We don't tax here, we just run up the national debt;)

Very good MPG numbers. You are seeing a genuine benefit from the technology.

Been to Cheltenham - nice town.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,579 Posts
"We don't tax here". Guess you haven't been to CA. lately Jimmy.

·
Super Moderator
8,147 Posts
Yeah, I've heard, but still it is small compared to European countries. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The difference is mostly in the taxes... We don't tax here, we just run up the national debt ;)

Very good MPG numbers. You are seeing a genuine benefit from the technology. Been to Cheltenham - nice town.
Thanks for the reply. I'm surprised more people here don't switch from gas-only cars considering how we're being stiffed. But the wealthy don't care and the majority tend to buy used cars - older EV and Hybrids are only just trickling down to the threshold affordibility point.

I am being evangelical about my Insight, however. And you can now pick up a high-mileage 2009 here for around £3.5k. Well worth it.

I am very pleased to be getting good mpg, obviously. The more gas costs, the more you save, right? ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Highest I ever achieved on a full tank was 65mpg (us) on the lie-o-meter, actual was 61mpg. Now I usually get around 55 (50 real)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts