Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car just recently hit 90,000 miles, oil is at 40%, can't find anything on the regular scheduled maintenance since all the book will say it's "please wait until the remainder light indicator."

What is the usual 90,000 mile maintenance on the insight?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Because you failed to fill out your profile, I don't know what country you are in. It matters because how the maintenance is indicated varies. Here in the U.S. the maintenance minder will set codes that correspond to what should be done.
Here's a PDF of those pages from a Honda owner's manual:

http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/NV0707/NV0707G00016A.pdf

What year is your Insight?

If it is new to you, once it hits 15% or so I would:

Change oil & filter
Rotate tires (this really is a brake inspection)
Change the transmission fluid (use only Honda CVT fluid)
Replace the engine and cabin filters.

Once it hits 105-110k the spark plugs are due. There are 8 of them and they are really expensive. Also, valves may be adjusted if noisey.

There is no timing belt, it's a chain. I think there is a drive belt that should be changed. (For the A/C there is no alternator, the IMA motor does the charging)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in the USA,

yah i did the transmission myself at 87000, i guess just the filters now.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
What year is your Insight? Because if it is a 2012 or 2013, it may be subject to excessive oil consumption.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Nope, none that have emerged so far. All 2010s and some early build 2011s have software updates available at a Honda dealer. The manufacturing date is on the door sticker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts