Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wait a minute...I've always read that the CVT was not available until the 2001 model year...and that the citrus green color was discontinued with the conclusion of the 2000 model year...so how can this be???

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Earl Scheib! :lol:

For my money... Possibilities:

It's a 2000 model with a CVT from Honda (unlikely).
It's a 2000 model converted to CVT from MT (more unlikely).
It's a 2001 model with a repaint (unlikely but believable).
It's a heartless scam, meant to steal your money (unlikely but possible).

But hey! It has TV and DVD! And it's right-hand drive, so you can use it here for mail delivery... ;)

Only a hair over a half-mil in Pakistani money (approx. $9000+ US, + a barrel o' money for S/H) and you can find out for yourself! :roll:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Good point, Bagwell... :)

Does anyone know if Citrus was still available overseas after the inaugural year? That's a possibility I hadn't considered until just now... ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's most likely a Japanese Domestic model, and I believe that CVT was available during the first year of production in japan.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Ah, now it makes sense. :D

I seem to remember that in Japan, the government basically discourages people from owning cars more than a few years old by means of, IIRC, a car safety inspection tax... that is, the older the car, the more tax you have to pay. This encourages people to buy new cars, making used cars an expensive proposition after a few years of ownership. I'm surprised the world isn't flooded with used Japanese cars outside the islands... then again, it probably is and I'm not aware of it (I'm not in the right-hand-drive market). The used car churn must be amazing... If they could be federalized and/or brought up to meet USA standards, think how cool it would be to bring and purchase some choice JDM cars here, like... oh, I don't know, a CVT Citrus Insight... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Yep this is a 2000 Japanese CVT (I had a red one) - check out the double DIN Sat Nav. Citrus was available in all years to my knowledge, I had a late 2001 in Citrus.

Now the really rare Insight has to be one in white - only sold in Japan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts