Honda Insight Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I figured out the location where Cobb was talking about. Its the relay that is shown sideways. Now my AC works. This forum saved me some $$. Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, i have tried searching for the solution to the problem.The A/C cycles on and off to control the pressure in a band. There is a low pressure switch and when pressure drops too low this will turn A/C compressor off. This happens when the A/C load is low and or the Freon is low.well I had the system charged by a mechanic who I trust cause he is one of my brother's friends,and he is the technician of HEATING SERVICE CYPRESS.He resolve all problems relating my AC.

·
Registered
35 Posts
In Service Manual page 22-7.:)
On your picture: right-side
My car is also: one relay and two fuses.
But, it is unclear what kind of car? (Europe, America, Japan, L, LS, RHD, LHD, year and etc.) For example in my signature.
Hi , thanks for the reply.
I am from Malaysia. Car is right hand drive and model should be Japan version since it is fully imported into Malaysia. Looks like the relay location is different between yours and mine.

For Japan model, it look like the A/C relays is next to the ABS pump? Could it be either one of the grey color Denso relay (refer photo below) ?

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hello, friend from Malaysia!
For Japan model, it look like the A/C relays is next to the ABS pump? Could it be either one of the grey color Denso relay (refer photo below) ?

39794-SDA-A05 リレーASSY., power (MICRO ISO) (ミツバ) , (コンデンサーファン)
This is:
https://honda.epcdata.ru/insight/daa-ze2/3305/electric/37425/?p=13&fromMap=1
B-13 control unit (????????) for Honda Insight frame DAA-ZE2 - Genuine parts

Topic for search relay (create special for you, use translate-system):
Honda Insight, ïîèñê ðåëå êîíäèöèîíåðà

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello, friend from Malaysia!

39794-SDA-A05 リレーASSY., power (MICRO ISO) (ミツバ) , (コンデンサーファン)
This is:
https://honda.epcdata.ru/insight/daa-ze2/3305/electric/37425/?p=13&fromMap=1
B-13 control unit (????????) for Honda Insight frame DAA-ZE2 - Genuine parts

Topic for search relay (create special for you, use translate-system):
Honda Insight, ïîèñê ðåëå êîíäèöèîíåðà
Hello friend from Russia!:D Thank you very much for the info! :thumbup:

·
Registered
17 Posts
In case the clutch relay is not the problem, here is the next level of fix for the AC compressor on Hondas of that vintage. I wrote a little post on a similar thread so I will just copy it here in case it helps somebody:

Aha, the infamous AC blowing hot air issue. OK, this has baffled me for 2 years now. Apparently this is a very common issue with all Hondas of this vintage (Civics, etc...)
The first thing to check (assuming your refrigerant level is correct) is the AC clutch relay, next to the 12v battery. It's an easy thing to replace and fairly inexpensive. See this video:
Unfortunately oftentimes that is not the problem either. It turns out that the clutch plate on the compressor is activated with an electro magnet. Over time, the plate gets slightly worn and/or modified by years of heat abuse and, once the outside temp goes above a certain level (80-85 in my case), the clutch plate does not make contact anymore. Most dealership will be more than happy to charge you for a new compressor to fix it. Fortunately, thanks to a genius named Eric at South Main Auto, there is a (relatively) simple fix:
I tried his trick and it worked. I cannot hank him enough. Cost: $0. Except for an afternoon's spent on the garage floor.
Best of luck

·
Registered
324 Posts
In case the clutch relay is not the problem, here is the next level of fix for the AC compressor on Hondas of that vintage. I wrote a little post on a similar thread so I will just copy it here in case it helps somebody:

Aha, the infamous AC blowing hot air issue. OK, this has baffled me for 2 years now. Apparently this is a very common issue with all Hondas of this vintage (Civics, etc...)
The first thing to check (assuming your refrigerant level is correct) is the AC clutch relay, next to the 12v battery. It's an easy thing to replace and fairly inexpensive. See this video:
Unfortunately oftentimes that is not the problem either. It turns out that the clutch plate on the compressor is activated with an electro magnet. Over time, the plate gets slightly worn and/or modified by years of heat abuse and, once the outside temp goes above a certain level (80-85 in my case), the clutch plate does not make contact anymore. Most dealership will be more than happy to charge you for a new compressor to fix it. Fortunately, thanks to a genius named Eric at South Main Auto, there is a (relatively) simple fix:
I tried his trick and it worked. I cannot hank him enough. Cost: $0. Except for an afternoon's spent on the garage floor.
Best of luck
Many thanks, saving that information

21 - 29 of 29 Posts