Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my '02 Insight A/C condenser is leaking, anyway my mechanic thinks so. I just know that if I add a can of refrigerant it works for a few days and then not so much. Tried the UV dye thing and can't see obvious traces.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with aftermarket A/C Condenser?

Is it always necessary to replace the accumulator/dryer along with the condenser?

TIA, - too hot for comfort

·
Premium Member
9,977 Posts
I had a Benz with a leaky one and had success with a DIY can of sealer from the local auto store. I also used the can of stuff to fill it back up.

Sent from my Autoguide iPod touch app

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Gilbertguy has an aftermarket condenser, you might ping him for feedback

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Yep, I'm the fourth owner and somewhere along the way it was replaced. With the temp here over 100F when I'm cruzing on freeway and car has cooled down it easilly comes out of the vents at 40/41F. My condenser is covered with rust across the top so I can't see a name or brand on it though. Since I vacuumed down the AC system and properly serviced it with oil and freon my AC is great! Someone had way over serviced the freon in it at some point.

Autozone - $119
A/C Condenser | 2000 Honda Insight Hybrid 3 Cylinders 1.0L Gas/Elec SOHC | AutoZone.com

Majestic Honda - $315
Honda Automotive Parts

I'd go with the aftermarket

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds worth a try .... thanks ..... will keep looking with the UV glasses and light but probably will end up going with aftermarket, as i recently did on my 4runner.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Condenser replacement

Has anyone done the Condenser replacement themselves?

Is it necessary to take the front bumper off?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts