Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately, with the colder weather(i think) ive been having a few problems

when its really really cold in the morning...it wont start...the electrics turn on, but the engine doesnt even try to crank...i have to turn the ignition to off, then start it again, it always works on the 2nd try...this has happened about 3 or 4 times so far

also, ive been getting alot more recal's...and alot more completely random ones...i used to only get them when the SOC was about 1/3 full...now i get them from time to time even with a close to full SOC

i also find that if i sit in idle stop for a while with everything running, or just on acc. on the ignition with the radio and maybe a light on(i do have a high powered subwoofer)...after starting the car back up(never had a problem starting in this situation) i will get a recal seemingly out of nowhere

is this a sign of a weak 12V or a weak 144V or something else wrong?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha...how do i do that? its been a while since i took high school auto shop, lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
and I'd suggest doing this asap... bad 12volt batteries have been known to cause damage to the 144volt battery pack.

·
Registered
466 Posts
also check the ground wires at the battery and the drivers side of the engine. remove them, scrape off the paint on the brackets/structure, and reattach. if the connectors look at all bad, replace the ground cables with something decent. the OEM stuff is crap!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had autozone check my 12V battery, said it was all good

any way to check the condition of the 144V? or do i just wait for the code of doom?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts