Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:

___One issue I haven’t enjoyed about the Insight since I have owned it is the built in headrest(s) extension in the seats. The seats themselves are very comfortable for me but the built in headrest is simply to far back to use imho … Last night I installed some neck pillows I use in the Acura and boy did they work nice. I don’t have any real miles in my Insight with them installed but the few I drove back and forth to the store and the Honda dealer for an oil change today sure did feel a lot more comfortable then the lousy OEM built in headrest extension.

___They come in various colors and when I purchased them for the Acura, I thought the guy had them in various colors and with the Honda logo if that is what someone was interested in … Anyway, it is another accessory that will be a permanent fixture in my Insight from now on and it might be in yours as well?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 20688&rd=1

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1kled8d0][email protected][/email:1kled8d0]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks for this! I'll likely be getting a set. On my recent trip to Texas I put a pillow behind my head because the way I sit the headrest is just too far back. The pillow made it quite comfortable.

How are these attached to the headrest/seat?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Muftak:

___They have an adjustable “stretchy” strap that just wraps around the top of the seat. It is very secure indeed. When I purchased the (2) pair for the MDX, I setup a Group Buy over at AcuraMDX.org. and there was probably 15 or 20 of us that got in on it. I think we all received them for something like $8.00 or $9.00 a set including delivery. It might be worth a try for the Insighter’s here as well. Even I would be interested in a pair of black w/ while lettering that say Honda instead of Acura if the price is right ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:1hodgpyy][email protected][/email:1hodgpyy]

·
Registered
922 Posts
I bought a headrest pillow with an elastic strap that holds it in place. I doesn't look too bad because its installed under the sheepskin cover along with a vibrating, inflatable heated backrest.

This set up certainly made my ten hour trips more comfortable.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would definitely be interested in going in on a group buy. The same seller that you link to xcel has the Honda version of the headrest.

Anyone else interested in a group buy of these with the Honda logo?

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, so we've got five so far...

xcel
Muftak
Rick Reece
Rai Ka
bjordan

Is that enough for a group buy do you think xcel?

Anyone else interested?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Muftak:

___I will E-Mail the guy and see what he says now …

___For anyone interested, here is the post I started in the Acuramdx.org forums in regards to them and then setting up he group buy. More importantly, I posted the pics of colors and the back of the pillows as well as the strap way back when.

Anyone interested in some Acura Neck Pilllows :)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:3hx5z947][email protected][/email:3hx5z947]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I would be interested too-- also w/the Honda logo, and if the price is right. I can see this being very useful on road trips.

Muftak said:
OK, so we've got five so far...

xcel
Muftak
Rick Reece
Rai Ka
bjordan

Is that enough for a group buy do you think xcel?

Anyone else interested?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All:

___I contacted this E-Bayer and the response wasn’t so hot. I fired off another E-Mail the other day but haven’t heard back from him as of this writing … yet.

Hi Babi168:

I purchased a few pair of Acura neck pillows in a Group Buy last year about this time (http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthre ... adid=11185) and am interested in doing it again only for a bunch of Honda Insight (http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=1492) guys. Do you think you could provide us with a similar deal as before?

I believe you are the same seller as before anyway?

Thank You

Wayne gerdes
[email protected]
*************************************************************************************
Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your email. Could you please let me know how many pairs of Honda neck pillows you would like to purchase this time? I will get back to you with the total price as soon as I hear from you. Thank you! Have a great day!

Best regards,
Sonny
*************************************************************************************
Hi Babi:
It looks like 5 + pairs now but there will probably be more once I post your information. I still need them shipped to separate individuals if that s possible?

Thank you

Wayne Gerdes
[email protected]
Hi Wayne,

No problem! I can ship the items to your customers directly. The price for each pair with shipping included is $18.00. Payment can be made through my PayPal registered email address [email protected]. I will send the package out within 24 hours after receipt of payment and your customers shipping address. Thank you!

Thanks,
Sonny
Hi Sonny:

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I was thinking more along the lines of $10.00 a pair + shipping all of them to my home and I will distribute them to the other Insight owners?

Thanks again

Wayne Gerdes
[email protected]
___$18.00 wasn’t a deal in my book so I am waiting for his reply in regards to a single shipment and then I can send them out for < $2.00 a piece via USPS or so.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:3484c0e8][email protected][/email:3484c0e8]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi All:

___I received the following back from Babi/Sonny ( [email protected] ) today in fact.

Hi Wayne,

The price for the Honda neck pillows is $10.00 a pair + shipping. Please let me know how many pairs you would like to order and I will get back to you with the total amount as soon as I hear from you. Thank you! Have a great day!

Best regards,

Sonny

___I will say 10 and ship them out on a first come first serve basis if he/she doesn’t hit me with too high a charge for shipping.

___Let me know if anyone is still interested as the Acura pillows have been working out great so far.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:cdjt037z][email protected][/email:cdjt037z]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Rick, Muftak, Rai Ka, Rwarn17588, and Bjordan:

___I found another Ebay seller that was in the $10.00 range directly (not including shipping) so I emailed him with the following:

Hello Sir:

___I purchased a few pair of Acura neck pillows in a Group Buy last year about this time ( http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthre ... adid=11185 ) and am interested in doing it again only for a group of Honda Insight ( http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=1492 ) enthusiasts.

___Do you think you could provide us with a deal in a group buy quantity including shipping? This would be the black pillows with the red Honda logo and white Honda lettering as shown in your auction here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 7904796878 . If it would save on shipping costs, I could deliver them to the guys from my home here in Illinois?

___Thank You

___Wayne Gerdes

___I know the price differential doesn’t mean much to most but hopefully this seller will ship them to each of our respective homes and or businesses for $12.00 - $13.00 or so? I will still purchase 10 pairs if the shipping is high and will distribute them from here. I owe Ericbecky and B1shmu63 something for there gifts in the recent past anyways so I will need at least 3 pairs myself.

___Here is a pic of the Honda specific ones I am interested in from the front.

___And here is the rear elastic strap I spoke of earlier albeit on a red, not black neck pillow.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:2hcxypr2][email protected][/email:2hcxypr2]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi Oteixeira:

___I resent my reply to the $10.00 + an unknown amount of shipping to auto.wholesale owner again this morning to see if he missed the last one …

Hi Samuel:

How about 10 pairs to start? Please quote me a price to have them individually shipped them to 10 different addresses and a price for shipping all 10 to my home?

Thank you

Wayne Gerdes
[email protected]

Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 11:29 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Question from eBay Member: HONDA BK Neck Pillows Civic Accord CRV S2000

Please let me know the number you want to order, and we will give you the lowest price we can do.

Thank you

Samuel
___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:2is5xx99][email protected][/email:2is5xx99]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi All:

___Stephen finally got back to me …
We can sell it to you for $9 USD each pair. The S&H for shipping out to 10 different address will be $70 USD, all 10 to one address is $ 25 USD

Thank you
Samuel
___Right now, I see Rick, Muftak, Rai Ka, Rwarn17588, and Bjordan as well as 3 pair for myself.

___Let me know if everyone is interested in saving a few bucks shipping or just want to order your own directly. $16.00 one way or ~ $13.50 for the other. I will E-Mail him the reply after a day or two of feedback in this thread.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___[email:2i2e9a2u][email protected][/email:2i2e9a2u]

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.