Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, this is not really up to our exacting standards, but I hope you admire the ingenuity behind it (literally!) as much as I did (do):

http://www.mrsharkey.com/pusher.htm :shock:

Comments, as always, are welcome. I don't imagine anyone here is going to bisect an Insight and do this (not sober at least), but I do love the infinite imagination of dedicated EVrs. :D

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, xcel...

Cooool Accord... I had not seen this article, thanks...

How about this: I'll put in an order for a new 2005 Insight...if I can get it with the Accord Hybrid's 3.0-liter i-VTEC V-6 engine with an extra 100 lb.-ft. of torque from the IMA... yes, I'll halve my mileage, but I'll be grinning from ear to ear even more often than usual... :lol:

Honda ought to sell every boatload of these Accords it can bring over... and just think! No pesky trailer to tow behind! :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I understand that the Accord V6 Hybrid is not coming to the UK but then looking at your pictures in the link above, I am not sure we get the same Accord
as you guys.

Check out the UK Accord at:

http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/newcars/mod ... =modelHome

I think the UK Accord has much more interesting / aggressive styling than the American version.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi SS now Citrus Smoothie:

___You guys across the pond have access to that Accord Saloon w/ the 2.2 L iCDTi which is what I would own if they allowed one to be imported here!

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3glm5be5][email protected][/email:3glm5be5]

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Aw shucks, That is incredible. Your Accord is as aerodynamic as a Prius but looks rather like a normal car! How did they do it, and why don't they put that body on the new hybrid North American Accord to further enhance its mileage and to differentiate it from a "normal" Accord? Once again I'm puzzled. :roll: sigh

As for the Rabbit hybryd VW. I'm thinking, what happens if it is rainig and the drive wheels on the rear engine start to spin and the trailer gets sideways? The back end of the car will be spinning faster than you can say Jack* Rabbit! :shock:

*knife

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
US Acura TSX = European Accord

If you want the European Accord in the U.S. (no diesel yet), you can take a look at the Acura TSX. I believe the body is basically the European Accord, but I suspect the engine options differ.

Acura TSX

·
Registered
303 Posts
Honda Accord UK/US

xcel said:
Hi SS now Citrus Smoothie:

___You guys across the pond have access to that Accord Saloon w/ the 2.2 L iCDTi which is what I would own if they allowed one to be imported here!
Maybe they'll sell the Honda Saloon in Texas? <VBG>

Seriously...perhaps the English Accords aren't made in Ohio?

·
Registered
348 Posts
The European Accord aka Acura TSX is made in Japan.
They weren't very happy with the build quality of the predecessors (1992-2002) which came from England. So they set their standards higher. Or do you also call the Concertos and early Legend-Saloons benchmarks in quality ?

And I must say the 2004 Honda Accord Diesel as a Station-Wagon surely would be my next car if Honda isn't gonna bring the Insight II to Europe 8)

http://www.honda.de/car/15113_20416.htm

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Thanks JTMCO, I had forgotten about the Honda / Acura split in the USA.

Xcel - you are right, the motoring press says the 2.2 diesel engine in the Accord is the finest diesel available. As the first Honda diesel, I understand that it was designed and built from scratch by the guys that brought us the VTEC engine.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hrrmm. I believe the t-zero also has a trailer available like that, though it's called the "Long Ranger." It does look a little more professional though.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I believe it is just a drag behind trailer with a gas powered generator.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts