Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Insights and love them both. One is an automatic and the other is a standard.

For some reason, the 5-speed Insight will NOT "Auto Stop" when I come to a stop....air conditioning off...car in neutral....etc. I have 104000 miles on this car and IT JUST GOT A NEW BATTERY PACK(IMA) AT 99,000.

Can anyone suggest why the car will not 'shut off' at idle...stop sign, etc?
ALSO, the brake light does NOT work and the red 'down' arrow light NEVER has lit up. THe green (shift up) arrow works, but I have NEVER seen the red one come on yet.

ANy suggestions would be grateful.

God Bless.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
As to the down shift arrow, if you are driving properly you should never see it. It will only come on if you are beating up on the batteries and lugging the engine.

If you are talking about the brake lights at the rear of the Insight, the circuit is straight hardwired analog. Check the fuse and the switch at the top of the brake pedal. aside from that it's just wiring and bulbs.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
For the autostop, check this thread:

No AutoStop

I've seen the downshift arrow one time in 2 1/2 years and for a while I was actually trying to make it come on.

Good luck

Jim

·
Registered
243 Posts
For a guy like me who believes in using the battery and lugging the engine, I see the downshift light often. The formula it uses is trivial.

Enough throttle for full assist + negative delta V (i.e. decelerating) = upshift light.

See for yourself. Find a steep hill in a 25mph zone and tackle it in 4th gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts