Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all....

I am looking to install a sunroof onto my 2003 Inisght. Does anyone know any custom shops in the NYC metro area which would do the install? Thanks a bunch!

Tricia

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Well I don't know of any shops, but some have installed a Webasco sun roof in their Insight's. I don't have the exact model on hand, but I know it's been done on several vehicles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sunroof

I had a sunroof installed this past monday the 21st of Nov. it was manufactored by Webasto. It was the Hollandia 300 Power Spoiler Series.

I chose the Power series because when I shut the car off,after 4 seconds the top closes by itself.

Sunroof panel can be moved to a vent position.

Sliding sunshade matches interior color for better looks.

Illuminated Soft Touch control panel is easy to use.

Now if the weather in IL would warm up about30 deg.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Sunroof

Frisch41 said:
I had a sunroof installed this past monday the 21st of Nov. it was manufactored by Webasto. It was the Hollandia 300 Power Spoiler Series.
Hey, I'm in IL also, where'd you have it done? Feel like sharing how much it cost? Also what model Hollandia? They have quite a few on their site, and I'm assuming you didn't get the large version :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sunroof

I am also located in Illinois and would be interested in where you had the work done. Might wait till the snow clears and the 06' new car smell wears off before taking a saw to it!

Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
What's the cost on something like this? They look really nice by the way.

·
Registered
476 Posts
cost

I would like to know the cost (parts and labor) as well

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sunroof

You can go to the Wabasto web site and find the nearest dealer and they will give you a price.

I had one put in my 2000 Insight in Nov and have been able to use it a couple of times when the weather was worm enough for it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
A couple of questions:
was the sunroof done in one day?
do you have pics of it?
can you get an inlaid one or only a spoiler one on an insight?
does the spoiler one make driving on the highway difficult?

·
Registered
323 Posts
my email is merigayle at elvis dot com (it should be in my profile as well)

To post pictures, you can sign up for a free image hosting account at photobucket.com or putfile.com. You can upload photos and then it will give you a link below or next to the photo to paste into your post. The link should start off with

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,895 Posts
picture

2592 X 1944 pixels?

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
your "baby" is huge!....I think I see the individual atoms that make the
glass of the sunroof. :lol: Nice sunroof!...

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner being a wise-guy...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts