Honda Insight Forum banner

A Sunroof for my baby

11K views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  eq1 
#1 ·
Hello all....

I am looking to install a sunroof onto my 2003 Inisght. Does anyone know any custom shops in the NYC metro area which would do the install? Thanks a bunch!

Tricia

#2 ·
Well I don't know of any shops, but some have installed a Webasco sun roof in their Insight's. I don't have the exact model on hand, but I know it's been done on several vehicles.

#4 ·
Sunroof

I had a sunroof installed this past monday the 21st of Nov. it was manufactored by Webasto. It was the Hollandia 300 Power Spoiler Series.

I chose the Power series because when I shut the car off,after 4 seconds the top closes by itself.

Sunroof panel can be moved to a vent position.

Sliding sunshade matches interior color for better looks.

Illuminated Soft Touch control panel is easy to use.

Now if the weather in IL would warm up about30 deg.

#6 ·
Re: Sunroof

Frisch41 said:
I had a sunroof installed this past monday the 21st of Nov. it was manufactored by Webasto. It was the Hollandia 300 Power Spoiler Series.
Hey, I'm in IL also, where'd you have it done? Feel like sharing how much it cost? Also what model Hollandia? They have quite a few on their site, and I'm assuming you didn't get the large version :)

#10 ·
Sunroof

You can go to the Wabasto web site and find the nearest dealer and they will give you a price.

I had one put in my 2000 Insight in Nov and have been able to use it a couple of times when the weather was worm enough for it.

#15 ·
my email is merigayle at elvis dot com (it should be in my profile as well)

To post pictures, you can sign up for a free image hosting account at photobucket.com or putfile.com. You can upload photos and then it will give you a link below or next to the photo to paste into your post. The link should start off with

#19 ·
your "baby" is huge!....I think I see the individual atoms that make the
glass of the sunroof. :lol: Nice sunroof!...

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner being a wise-guy...

#22 ·
Re: Sunroof pic's

Frisch41 said:
I didn't post it to this site. Though that if anyone wanted to that they could go look at the whole album.
Well it was pulled down by the img function. Please review the rules in regard to pics. You'll need to use some photo editing software to trim that to meet the limit here. :shock: ;)

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42
specifically #8 and a limit of 450x450 pixels

Post edited to remove image. The link should still be good

Sincerely,

#24 ·
I ordered a sunroof in June and it finally came in last week and the install was done yesterday. I opted for a manual roof for both cost and keeping it simple. I'm not sure about the brand, but it is listed on the invoice as an F1 Series and has a 3year warranty, and the shop warranties their work. Cost was $199 for the roof and $137.50 for 2.5 hours labor even though they spent 4 hours on it.

Overall this was a necessity as my car doesn't have AC. At 75mph on the highway the wind noise is noticeably lower with the glass open to the first setting versus having the windows down.

Here are the pics:

Here is the glass fully open from the front.

Glass fully open from the side.

Glass partially open from the side.

View from the inside.

#25 ·
My sunroof PIctures

If anyone wants to see a Hollandia 500, here's a link to my mods:
http://geocities.com/happy_go_lucky34667/

It's electric and has 2 modes, can be linked to a second sunroof, and I got the autoclose option that closes it when you turn offthe key unless you press a button within 3 seconds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.