Honda Insight Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just entered the Insight in an Auto Solo event here in the UK!!!!!!

Will be the first hybrid ever entered in such an event & I am really looking fwds to seeing what she (& I) can do in the upto 1400cc class.

Just one quick question, is there a way to "encourage" the car to charge the battery whilst at a standstill?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hi Mark, excuse my ignorance but whats an Auto Solo event?

How do you get the car to charge while stationary...

Jack a front wheel off the deck!! :lol:

DGate

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Great to hear you going to try some performance driving competitions with the Insight. A few people have been competiting in Auto Solos with their Insights in the US and Canada.

In the UK they call it Auto Solo
In the US they call it Autocross or Auto-x or Solo2
In Ontario they now call it Autoslalom or any of the US names.

Here is a video that shows what an Auto Solo looks like from a spectator's point of view and from the driver's point of view:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg0AZDMXk-s

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Mark Elvin said:
wHY THE GRUMPY FACE?
Posted as a refresher for the group:

See the rules. Its a form of multiposting that fragments the topic/question making following it almost impossible. Yes, it depends on how frequent this form of posting becomes _and_ just how the replies may fall. But the outcome is only an issue of degree. Its an oooold Internet message board concept.

And its a "sad" face in that I'd rather participate than moderate :!:

Please don't multipost.

Sincerely,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Blimey, such strick rules for a public forum.

Fun here isn't it!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
So trying to follow mutiple concurrent threads by the same poster with different replies in different threads is fun :?: :? <rhetorical>

If any member is really missing this point feel free to PM me I'll supply further links. :roll:

Now let's _please_ return to Insight related discussion. PLEASE :?:

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
If I recall some "serious" competitors were rather dismissive of the Insight when Guillermo first raced. All the sweeter when the Insight bested them.

Race compound tires make a huge difference, as does the nut behind the wheel.

Above all have fun, learn about Insight handling, and keep us informed of your progress.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Insightful Trekker said:
[quote="Mark Elvin":cd53q0o1]wHY THE GRUMPY FACE?
Posted as a refresher for the group:

See the rules. Its a form of multiposting that fragments the topic/question making following it almost impossible. Yes, it depends on how frequent this form of posting becomes _and_ just how the replies may fall. But the outcome is only an issue of degree. Its an oooold Internet message board concept.

And its a "sad" face in that I'd rather participate than moderate :!:

Please don't multipost.

Sincerely,[/quote:cd53q0o1]

***cough****POLICE STATE****cough***

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
Insightful Trekker said:
So trying to follow mutiple concurrent threads by the same poster with different replies in different threads is fun :?: :? <rhetorical>

If any member is really missing this point feel free to PM me I'll supply further links. :roll:

Now let's _please_ return to Insight related discussion. PLEASE :?:
Since reason has not worked the only option you leave me is my "police" powers. <sigh>

Locking

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.