Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a pot hole and my ABS light came on, I get to a stop and it shuts off, I started driving again and it came back on. I guessing its the sensor, I've been driving like this for the past two weeks. Can anybody HELP??? Thanks a lot!!! 2000 Honda Insight 87K

·
Registered
102 Posts
Best -

You need to check for a DTC, diagnostic trouble code, in the car's computers. There are at least three ways to do that.
1. the blinking light method - easy to do at home with few tools and a little mechanical skill. Not entirely precise, but good for most problems, IMHO. Search this forum for the method.
2. Take it to your local "Autozone" or some other parts store that can plug their gizmo into your car and read the DTCs. Free but not perfect either.
3. Take it to Honda dealer, pay money, pray that they're not too incompetent, and pry the results out of their hands before they do the work themselves (unless you want them to do it.)

I had the ABS light come on permanently, it was a damaged "wheel speed sensor", and I replaced it myself in less than an hour.

If you get your DTCs, I (or someone else on this forum) can tell you what they mean.

- Jim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts