Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just curious if mice and chipmunks can cause this issue?
I have seen rodents invade just about any sheltered area in a motor vehicle, and they unfortunately love to chew on wires. You may be on the right track. Check carefully for any rodent droppings. If you live in a rural area you will have to contend with them at some point. Please let us what you find.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have seen rodents invade just about any sheltered area in a motor vehicle, and they unfortunately love to chew on wires. You may be on the right track. Check carefully for any rodent droppings. If you live in a rural area you will have to contend with them at some point. Please let us what you find.
Unfortunately, I am very aware of the damage they can do. Life was good while I had room to keep it in my garage; but once I had to move it outdoors I have had to declog the ventilation system twice (does anyone know to block them from doing it) and my fuel gauge doesn't work as they chewed the wire where it impossible to attach a wire to it.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Unfortunately, I am very aware of the damage they can do. Life was good while I had room to keep it in my garage; but once I had to move it outdoors I have had to declog the ventilation system twice (does anyone know to block them from doing it) and my fuel gauge doesn't work as they chewed the wire where it impossible to attach a wire to it.
They sure can cause a lot of grief. I experienced this too until I was able to store vehicles indoors. There are some tricks for repelling them that some folks swear by. I tried dryer sheets and snap traps to no avail.

·
Linsight Designer
3,892 Posts
What you need to do is get a couple pairs of breeding cats, 50 pounds of cat food per week, and then just let them go wild. In a couple years you'll have about 30 full time feline rat catchers roaming your lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts